Time to put up or shut up, Gibson quality bashers!

joesatch

Reaction score
I agree. Any decent luthier should pass on this job unless they like being frustrated on a daily basis.
Gibson has to move loads of guitars and i can assure you, their QC is somewhat laxed.

RLee

Reaction score
Being the selfless giving person that I am, I volunteer to rigorously test the long-term playability of the custom shop models...

The Refugee

Reaction score
I'm 15 but I'll apply anyway. Probably better than the current inspector have anyway :naughty:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I applied for a couple of jobs at Gibson when I was single and willing to travel/ relocate, but when I found out that I make almost more in two weeks, working in a corporate-owned restaurant, than most of their employees make in a month, I decided "f%#k that!".

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There is nothing to say that anyone will listen to what the QC Inspector says.
BINGO!!!

First line of the job description says it all...

"• Inspects finished products, products being processed, incoming materials, parts, and assemblies, etc. for conformance to company standards."

That means we tell you what good and bad is... You don't get to have an opinion.
I've worked in Quality for going on 30 years... It can be a very frustrating job...

daddyo

Reaction score
That said - - - I've had two Gibsons so far - a 2007 Flying V in white and my 2010 Trad LP.
The V was perfect except for a slight discolouration under the clear like a thumbprint. The LP was perfect except for some slight chatter marks where the neck binding meets the rosewood fingerboard.

So maybe some would say BS for guitars that cost $1200 and $2300, but they both played flawlessly.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
That's a grunt job... no more power to fix Gibson than a janitor.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
That position has been vacant for the last 10 years. They just now got the ok to post a want ad, that's all.

LesterNtele

Reaction score
I bought two new lesters recently. The mail order one had issues. The store model was flawless.
I'm not gonna complain, but I will never buy a guitar out of a store catalog again.
It's not cheap to print and distribute so many store catalogs, but its a complete waste if they are going to ship lemons.

DanL

Reaction score
"Candidates must have cross functional experience (International Operations, Logistics, Legal, Marketing and Finance) and full P&L responsibility, including successful turnaround experience with underperforming business segments in North America."

Well that sums up Gibson in a nutshell.