Time to make a change...

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It took a lot of guts for you to spill this.

You're taking the right steps. And I just have a feeling in my own ample gut (I need to drop about 60 more pounds; I've just lost about seven) that this girl is going to stick with you especially when she sees for herself that you mean business about getting yourself fixed.

One day at a time, friend.

Thanks sir.

I just get the impression when someone one says "I can't say with 100% certainty" that means it's a good chance. But who knows. Maybe she's reading all of this, and I'm a fool. Well, I'm just being completely honest.

After tonight, it will have been a week without drinking.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing dude.

Sometimes you got to let it out...

Thanks

Are you drunk tonight Sinmastah or did you stick to your plan? It being party night around the globe and all.
It's only boring for a little while. Hang tough.

I'm sober. I have 4 beers in my fridge, could pop one open, and take a few sips, but I'd rather not. I might go out tomorrow with a few drinks and have a drink or two, but nothing more. Even though I think it would be impressive if I could say when I sit down and talk with her, I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks, and I have not been able to say that since I turned 21.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Sinmastah! Time to mastah your sins!

I'm happy for you. I've seen so many people flush their life down the drain because of alcohol it's not even funny. Friend of mine ended up face first in a campfire before he "woke up"! He's been sober many years now.
You're on the right track and it's a very good sign you don't struggle with your decision. Seems like you just know what to do for you.

My Best to you for this journey!

I'm gonna do something a little corny but those lyrics might be inspiring.
And it's a great solo to learn!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKD-XQjEHs]Aerosmith - Amazing (lyrics) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sinmastah! Time to mastah your sins!

I'm happy for you. I've seen so many people flush their life down the drain because of alcohol it's not even funny. Friend of mine ended up face first in a campfire before he "woke up"! He's been sober many years now.
You're on the right track and it's a very good sign you don't struggle with your decision. Seems like you just know what to do for you.

My Best to you for this journey!

I'm gonna do something a little corny but those lyrics might be inspiring.
And it's a great solo to learn!

I have a bad drinking story, and it's the only bad one I have. Other than being an ass to people, etc, this one really hits me close to my heart... Too bad I didn't realize it until a year later.

I was drinking one night, and wanted to be with my girlfriend. Obviously being the smart person I am... I decided not to drive, but walk about 1.5 miles. I've made the walk many times before, sober, or drunk, so it's not a big deal. Well anyways, I saw a bunch of cars heading down this hill, and got kind of paranoid (I might have taken a hit or two of my roommies joint), and hid behind this fence, thinking it would protect me incase one of them swerved (The sidewalk was flush with the road). Well this fence was to stop pedestrians from falling into a river. However it was winter, and the river froze. I fell a few feet away from a ton of rocks, banged my head on the ice. It bled a little, but I had no major injuries whatsoever.

Walked to her place no problem, got out of the cold, and my head started pounding.

Next morning, my hair was caked in blood. Washed it off, but still no major issues.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Another 7 miles on the elliptical today, 600 calories or so. Tried the reverse mode... Man what a trip that was. Entirely new muscles, but feels kinda good. Did that for a few minutes at the halfway point, was a nice break for my other muscles.

Lost 3 pounds in 2 days. This feels great.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Disregard the calorie counter. Good job none the less

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Disregard the calorie counter. Good job none the less

I figured as much.

But hell, if I'm sweating like a pig, and have my heart rate elevated to 170-180 for about an hour, I must be working!

jppage25

Reaction score
Good luck you will feel better the more you work at it.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I figured as much.

But hell, if I'm sweating like a pig, and have my heart rate elevated to 170-180 for about an hour, I must be working!

Oh, absolutely just dont pay any attention to that thing. :laugh2: If we as humans were that inefficient, we would never have made it past cromag era.

Keep doing what youre doing :wave:

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh, absolutely just dont pay any attention to that thing. :laugh2: If we as humans were that inefficient, we would never have made it past cromag era.

Keep doing what youre doing :wave:

I figure doing this won't directly make me lose weight, however the cardio is feeling great. The p90x core I'm doing is for higher metabolism. I guess working out for an hour like this should raise my metabolism for the rest of the day.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, she broke up with me today.

Said she wanted to be single, didn't want a relationship, and her heart wasn't in it, but didn't know why.

This no drinking alone thing just got harder.

Tuesday'sGone

Reaction score
Life can be hard, best of luck. Just remember when you look back at this a year from now it might not feel as bad. Good luck.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score

Said she wanted to be single, didn't want a relationship, and her heart wasn't in it, but didn't know why.

I understand how you feel. You need time to fix what's wrong in your life and this gives it to you. Stay as busy as possible.. gives you less time to think and/or drink.

Good luck.
Jeff

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just feel like something close is missing.

We are going to be best friends, and we will hang out a bit, and hopefully workout together.

Electroman67

Reaction score

Seriously...... at this moment and time, she is not the priority :shock:
From what you've posted previously, you have way bigger fish to fry than her, put her on hold and get yourself in check.
YOU HAVE TO BE PRIORITY ONE, everyone else comes later, as it should be......:wave:
If you don't get your own shit together first, what do u have to offer? a human jigsaw puzzle that promises all the pieces are there? :shock:

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seriously...... at this moment and time, she is not the priority :shock:
From what you've posted previously, you have way bigger fish to fry than her, put her on hold and get yourself in check.
YOU HAVE TO BE PRIORITY ONE, everyone else comes later, as it should be......:wave:
If you don't get your own shit together first, what do u have to offer? a human jigsaw puzzle that promises all the pieces are there? :shock:

It's there, just half together right now, but I see your point. From what I understand, it's not what I was trying to change that was offsetting. I guess some relationships fall apart over time, which means they probably aren't meant to be. That's life.

I kinda felt like we were just best friends, but sleeping in the same bed and having sex every other night or so.

Time to spend some more time in the gym, go out and meet some ladies. Got to buy a box of rubbers just in case. Living life.

I just feel pretty lonely to be honest. A lot of my friends have moved on, so I'm going to really work on meeting some new people.

Latest Threads