Reaction score
Step 1: Break it off completely with the girl
Step 2: Quit drinking completely
Step 3: Keep eating right and lose 30lbs
Step 4: Get bangin' new chick
Step 5: Bang new chick

Lungo

Reaction score
I respect anyone willing to make positive changes in their life. It doesn't matter if those changes are simple or drastic, it still takes commitment. Stick to it and good luck. :thumb:

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Alcohol is a terrible thing man, it's nearly destroyed me numerous times.

I don't say this has destroyed me. I won't let it get to that point. I was close.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support. I know relationships are tough, and getting over them is even tougher, but I have a good feeling about this one, assuming it sticks together. We talked some more today, she started, and said she wasn't 100% sure on getting back together. The way I see it, that means it's a good chance things are going to work out. The way we were talking, it sounded like things would be okay. Still talking in a week, and I'm leaving her alone this weekend, and for the good part of the start of the week since she is going home for part of spring break.

In the mean time, I plan on doing the elliptical for an hour a day each day, and doing some p90x core workouts every other day.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread, I don't need to, for what i have to say

If you have decided it's time, then it's time.

If you want to quit drinking and can do it, excellent.

If you find yourself failing from time to time, that just means you are human - everyone fails sometimes. Just don't give up on your goal.

Best of luck with it.

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outstanding, Sin. I did the weight thing as well. Calculated my calorie burn:calorie intake. Started walking a mile a day (still do that) and reduced my caloric intake. 3 years later and I hit my target weight. Then balanced the burn/intake ratio and kept on walking. It was tough in the beginning because I was hungry at odd times of the day and had to learn to ignore that. 5 years later and I am healthy and maintain my target weight with ease.

It's not anywhere near as hard as folks think. Nor as complicated. Now I just gotta quit smoking (was never a drinker - all that shit tastes like gasoline to me).

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Outstanding, Sin. I did the weight thing as well. Calculated my calorie burn:calorie intake. Started walking a mile a day (still do that) and reduced my caloric intake. 3 years later and I hit my target weight. Then balanced the burn/intake ratio and kept on walking. It was tough in the beginning because I was hungry at odd times of the day and had to learn to ignore that. 5 years later and I am healthy and maintain my target weight with ease.

It's not anywhere near as hard as folks think. Nor as complicated. Now I just gotta quit smoking (was never a drinker - all that shit tastes like gasoline to me).

It's simple math, not hard. The hard part is keeping up with it. I'm trying to empty out my fridge, then eat at least one salad a day for lunch, with some small portion of meat for dinner, and eggs and maybe toast for breakfast, and variety. Today I ate half a can of baked beans, and one steak fajita. Then I'm going to burn all that off probably on the elliptical. Lifting weights, etc, not for losing weight, but for gaining some muscle for metabolism... And to look better of course!

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar revelation as you, Sin. Someone at work was shooting some video. I saw myself on the video and that was all it took :wow: Went from 225 to 175.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Step 1: Break it off completely with the girl
Step 2: Quit drinking completely
Step 3: Keep eating right and lose 30lbs
Step 4: Get bangin' new chick
Step 5: Bang new chick

I only like the last two haha

cwness

Reaction score
I can handle drinking. I just don't really like the side effects... However I'm sure it's just getting old since I seem to have done it so much. I'll still be going out maybe every other weekend or so.

I don't say this has destroyed me. I won't let it get to that point. I was close.

Just remember it's not how often you drink. It's how much you drink when
you do drink. I have a friend that thought he could just quit and drink every
now and then. He'd go months without a drop and then go out for some fun.
It cost him dearly. Jail, money, and the wife. I quoted those 2 posts because they have one thing in common. You have to figure out what it is.

The weight is an easier thing. Been there and done that. Just keep working
out and eating right. Just don't get disappointed that it doesn't come off as
fast as it went on. What took 3 months to put on took 7 to take off for me.
I was a lazy and didn't want to cook and just ate fast food and paid for it.
No more fast food and I eat all I want of good home cooking.
I work out every morning. Good luck.

CW

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
Hey Sin.
Good luck bud.
I found my belly last year and must have had a similar reaction as you.
Started exercising, cut down on all the crap, and got busy in the evenings instead of sitting around boredom eating.
Lost two and a hald stone in three months.
Unfortunately I have a stomach illness which I have to be careful of losing too much weight too quickly.
So I took a break from that as well.
Now I'm gettiong back on it and am aiming to lose another two and a half stone this year.
Good luck.

Ten skwirrell points to whomsoever can translate "two and a half stone" into americanese, for Sin.

:naughty:

zeronalo

Reaction score
good luck man - I'm doing almost the same thing. I'm feeling better and hitting the gym. I had already cut back on the booze as part of a new years resolution but I still have a beer or a glass of wine every day. Much better than 6 beers or a bottle of wine. More healthy choices when eating and I now have a goal 180 lbs by summer 185 by the middle of April. That'll be 10 lbs of fat - probably more as I add muscle but seeing the belly start to go is a great thing.

My wife is supportive as she says she wants me around a long time so she wants me healthy. I think she just wants to see the 6 pack I had 18 years ago when we met.

Freddy

EasyAce

Reaction score
I'm going to preface this, with saying I don't know why I'm typing this here. I feel if I do it, I will feel more compelled to stick to this.

To make a long story short, I went to the parents for a weekend almost 2 weeks ago, looked in there mirror, and saw a bunch of changes I didn't like. I just look bigger, and it's not something I appreciate at all. My apartment doesn't have a full sized mirror, so it was hard to tell. I went from being about 200lb to about 245lb or so. Granted, I'm pretty dense, a lot of muscle in the leg, but there is a belly poking out. I told my girlfriend about my intentions to lose weight by both working out, and dieting. I wanted to cut my food intake in half, and have done a phenomenal job of it (So far). Basically I find that I'm full, but just like the taste of food, and it's just nice doing something. The next day, she says she wants a break from our relationship for an undetermined amount of time.

During this time, I've been working on improving my health, by eating less, working out, and am now cutting down my alcohol intake by 80% or so. I used to drink at home quite a bunch (and I know some people have run into my drunken ass here at MLP). I just feel bad while I drink, and feel worse. It got to the point where it felt weird if I was staying at my place alone, if I wasn't drinking. Eventually I asked myself why I drank alone. And I can't answer that, because there is no good reason. When this relationship break happened, I was convinced I couldn't deal with it without alcohol. I got hammered every night until the weekend, when I had to work until 3:30am. I had a lot of time to do some thinking to myself. That is when I decided to never drink alone except of the rarest of circumstances, and even then, not get drunk. Since then, I feel better about myself, I'm happier, my body feels better (which I'm sure working out helps).

At the gym today I ran on an elliptical for about 7 miles (I use the elliptical because I walk on cement floors at work all day, and don't want further joint issues), I came home and felt great. Since I was at my parents, when I weighed about 245 (Only wearing boxers), I now weigh 233 (With shoes, sweatpants, phone, wallet, etc). It's a great change. I've been asked if I've been doing this because of my break, and I said that motivated me, but I'm doing it for me, and it can only help the personal issues going on.

I look back at my drinking history. I've fallen off a bridge, down about 10 feet onto a frozen stream, missed a bunch of rocks only by a couple of feet. I've said horrible things to my girlfriend that I should never have. I've been an ass here, and been doing many other things that I now want to slap myself over. I'm not going to admit to being an alcoholic, but I truly believe I was damn close. I was looking at the pros and cons of alcohol. No pros, lot's of cons. I will still go out and drink with buddies at the bar, or at a party, but won't get super wasted anymore, it's not fun. I feel like shit after, and I want to know if I was mean to anyone. That's not a good situation.

If anyone cares about relationship issues, basically we've been talking slowly, every other day about little stuff. Ran into her the other day, and she seemed happy to see me. Said she missed me a little (Been about 10 days now, and this was 4 days ago). We talked and agreed to meet up next weekend to sit down and talk, and I hope it goes well. I miss her, but this break was needed for the both of us. I woke up and now realize I have to change, and she needed some much needed time alone, and with her friends, to have fun. Spring break is next week, and I think that is just what we both need. Apparently breaks can work out quite a bit. She isn't the one to go and try to sleep with anyone (I'm her first boyfriend, and 2nd in bed), and she is the sweetest girl I've ever met. She will never try to screw me over, and I've had to deal with that with other people. She always looks out for me, and I can be the biggest ass to her. I feel so bad about it, but it won't matter if things don't work out. This is why I've made a lot of the changes in my attitude the past month.

Basically, in short, if anyone is still reading this TL;DR, minimize drinking substantially is my huge priority, followed with cutting back on eating food, and starting to work out. Getting my life back on track is the first thing, then getting this relationship on track is next. If anyone wants to PM me about things, tips, about cutting back, or with this relationship issue, I'm more than happy to talk. I'm trying to keep busy anyways.

Peace. My apologies to anyone I've been a major ass to on here, due to drunken posts. I no longer want to drink right now, and the thought of it repulses me to be honest.

It took a lot of guts for you to spill this.

You're taking the right steps. And I just have a feeling in my own ample gut (I need to drop about 60 more pounds; I've just lost about seven) that this girl is going to stick with you especially when she sees for herself that you mean business about getting yourself fixed.

One day at a time, friend.

Kezman

Reaction score
Good Luck with your endeavor Sinmastah! :thumb:

--K :D

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
Are you drunk tonight Sinmastah or did you stick to your plan? It being party night around the globe and all.
It's only boring for a little while. Hang tough.

Latest Threads