Time for a mundane thread...

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set out the trash last Monday morning and my ring catches the clowns walking right by it without touching it..
Wife calls the trash service and they say we will be over on Tuesday..
Got home from work Tuesday and there it sits..

On Thursday I am going to set it back out with a sign saying "empty me ya big dummy"

wonder how that will go over.. :hmm:

DavGrape

Reaction score
Ah; it's not 'just me.'
If I grab the first product on the shelf, it never fails; the sprayer will be cracked, the can dented, the foil pouch sliced by the utility knife, etc...

My progress reports in school always had just one box checked; "Talks too much in class."

Olds442

Reaction score
Same same. ↑
Toro® sat for a year... about 10 primes, started.
Usually gotta wipe off the plug a little, not today.
Golden.
been starting mine every two weeks since October, just to stave off the onslaught. i knew this was coming.

i'm celebrating by making tortilla soup. i have the chicken in the smoker with the buffalo sausages (with blue cheese).
probably have the soup tomorrow night with mom and dad. the buffalo sausage is tonight's dinner.

Olds442

Reaction score

fedex drove by, shit got intense.

i ruined the soup with the wrong spice, so i'm swapping out the chicken to a better not fucked up batch broth. shit happens.

the smoked buffalo meat and blue cheese sausage was divine.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of Rev Willy's 7s guitar strings.why? ...why not?
I seriously just removed a set from my Tele 2 hours ago. Had them in my box of strings, decided to try then out. Spent 30 days with them. Sounded great, just not why my fingers like.

Zylo

Reaction score
I seriously just removed a set from my Tele 2 hours ago. Had them in my box of strings, decided to try then out. Spent 30 days with them. Sounded great, just not why my fingers like.
Funny you say that. Buying them to put on my squire tele. Will have 10s on lp, 9s on ibanez and 7s on tele just to see how I like/dislike them

DavGrape

Reaction score
I wanted the seven's partly for the box; they're a blast to play with, I did a video with them, I'll see if I can find it.
You can hammer on them for a half hour, and bend them right off the neck.

Last edited:

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that. Buying them to put on my squire tele. Will have 10s on lp, 9s on ibanez and 7s on tele just to see how I like/dislike them
I'm sure I could get used to them, but I was over bending and having all kinds of tuning issues. Not tuning caused by the guitar, caused by my fingers. Totally a me thing.

DavGrape

Reaction score
That's it, right there. ↑
Squeeze a tiny bit too hard and you wop out your chords; I took them off after a couple days.
Stainless steel frets, too; way too easy to push out of tune.

Get in the habit of using them, and set up saddles for it; they'd likely disappear for sale.
Then 9's would feel like 12's.

Zylo

Reaction score
so far im leaning on towards the 9s , i might get a set for my LP... im guessing only one guage down, i wont need to do much set up work- like neck relief?

if i like 7s ill keep on the tele

had a random thought today, i read on here, that certain players like Page and Hendrix., used to record with a Tele, but play with other guitars on stage...
whilst i was doodling today with my tele plugged into my marshall, it was uncanny how the sound was so like a LP sound, got me thinking how many other artists record with a guitar, and for whatever reason, brand endorsment or cool factor play with another brand onstage- in particular im looking at you Mr Slash!

Latest Threads