Time for a mundane thread...

TheX

Why you mad, bro?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in a HOA community. 75 bucks a month keeps up our general landscaping and maintenance of our parks and open areas etc. It also helps keep neighbors from causing the value of your home to go down. I'm good with an HOA.
We pay about $60 a month, and it's worth it for the same reasons.

fett

Reaction score
I dying to see the series on death. But I think I know how it ends. I don't get Netflix.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pulled over this morning on the way to grocery shop. As the cop approached my window, he said, "I ran the wrong plate. You're good to go."

Alrighty, then.
I had that happen coming back from Mammoth.
CHP behind me for a few miles, then lit me up.
He ran my plate, and it came back expired reg. Just as he hit the lights, they called back and said that it was paid.
Got home and saw that someone had stolen my sticker.

Ever since then, when I put my new sticker on, I slice it into a checkerboard... anyone wants a sticker they'll move on to an easier target.
Probably been 4 or 5 times (in 30 years) I've noticed one or two missing "squares" near a corner.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Agree, and good points. Especially when it is 25 degrees here. I have almost the same one but a little smaller and its red. I think it might even be the same maker. Going to dig that out.

Do yourself a favor and cover the drip pan with heavy duty wide aluminum foil. Makes cleanup a lot easier. Replace when needed. I also line the inside of the grease pan with regular aluminum foil for the same reason.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and cover the drip pan with heavy duty wide aluminum foil. Makes cleanup a lot easier. Replace when needed. I also line the inside of the grease pan with regular aluminum foil for the same reason.
I got some fancy ass traeger drip tray liners lol

DavGrape

Reaction score
Egad; I work with women who think Two and a half Men is funny and will say 'That's what she said' before you do.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Egad; I work with women who think Two and a half Men is funny and will say 'That's what she said' before you do.
That is much, much older than 2-1/2 Men.
I honestly don't know where it originated but a friend of mine was fond of using that phrase in high school in the late 70s.

Now @Roberteaux is going to get curious, look it up, and tell is the etymology so we don't need to :D

DavGrape

Reaction score
No, I know; we were saying 'That's what she said' in high school, late 70's.
's why I consider it passé now.
I work in a store where everything is a dollar; am the only dude, all the women are under 40, single, have tatoos, out of control children; and if you put them all together you could come up with a full set of teeth.

We also said something 'sucked.'
Hahaha!

Totally.
I don't mean to be bogue about it.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is much, much older than 2-1/2 Men.
I honestly don't know where it originated but a friend of mine was fond of using that phrase in high school in the late 70s.

Now @Roberteaux is going to get curious, look it up, and tell is the etymology so we don't need to :D
Yes... it's a useful kind of service I provide. Just one of the many extras of visiting MLP! :rofl:

And so of course, I have sallied forth to comb the Interwebz in search of the origin of this particular phrase...

For a change, I'm just gonna post a link to the article that explains the origin of the phrase, rather than to do all the typing myself. The reason for this is simple: most etymologies only call for a few words to describe the origins of a given word or phrase... but this one has a bit of history behind it that others might find amusing.

The Origin of "That's What She Said"

For those who don't wish to bother reading something even longer than this post, I'll just say:

1. The phrase seems to have originated in England, at the turn of the 19th Century to the 20th Century.

2. The original phrase wasn't as concise as the modern rendition.

3. All along, the phrase has been used as a double entendre of a somewhat ribald type.

4. The popularity of current usage appears to be due to the use of the phrase on Saturday Night Live, especially by Chevy Chase.

And there you have it! :thumb:

--R :laugh2:

Last edited:

Latest Threads