Time for a mundane thread...

KTM

Reaction score
This explains why the bird feeder was empty this evening when I got home from work.

Momma Bear and Triplets_Daytime_01.jpg

Momma Bear and Triplets_Daytime_last.jpg

I think that temperature sensor is off by about 10°F. It was HOT today but not that hot. Camera took 50 photos and 10 30 second videos of them.

KTM

Reaction score
Bearberry (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) aka "Kinnikinnick"

Photo taken in Canada, August 2014 while on a camping trip to Rainbow Falls Provincial Park near Rossport, Ontario. Nicest patch of Bearberry I have ever seen. It grows on my cabin property in Northern Wisconsin but not as thickly as this patch.

Bear Berry.jpg

Also the best camp site ever!

Campsite_01.jpg

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching my wrens nesting on my sunporch doing their thing. The nest has a roof on it. It's like a grass cave, so I haven't been able to see the babies. Evidently they're big enough that the mother can't get in the nest anymore. She sits right outside and feeds em. When it's going good, dad will fly up with one and hand it to her and she'll keep feeding. If he doesn't get back in time, she'll take off and go get one too. Looks like a lot of hard work to me. Just shows how much work getting a little can set you up for. A lifetime of hard labor.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Need an ac charge in the Honda. Taking it in this morning.

Reactions: KTM

lancpudn

Reaction score
I planted a lot of Japanese senshyu onion sets out in October last year & literally overnight they've sent up scapes, It's like someone flicked a switch., We've had a really cold Spring followed by a heatwave of 20-23C /71-73F (for here in Lancashire :thumb: )
I pulled some up for salad onions yesterday, they're really firm & cruchy & those scapes will go into stir fry dishes. :dude:

I made a pickling solution & pickled a lot of those onions & wow! they are the sweetest crunchiest onions I've ever done :dude: Tonight's supper pork pie with pickled onions & a bottle of vintage dry cider :thumbs:

lancpudn

Reaction score
YES!!!! I took my old Mam for an hospital appointment the other week, You are allowed 15 minutes to pay for a car park ticket before the 'Parking eye' cameras on the entrance to the car park register you as 'Non payer' :eek: By the time I got Mam (who is wheelchair bound) booked in at reception then went to pay for the car park at the contactless payment machine more than 15 minutes had just elapsed, Three days later I received a penalty notice in the post for £70-$100 non car park payment :mad2:

The charge was on my bank statement so I sent them an online appeal form with a screenshot of proof & explained the situation & I've just got an email saying the £70 parking fine has been cancelled.

Latest Threads