Time for a mundane thread...

KTM

Reaction score
I absolutely STINK! :wow:I'm decanting Comfrey tea into 2ltr plastic milk containers from a 136ltr / 30 gallon barrel that's had the Comfrey plant leaves fermenting for over a month, Oh lee sheet does it reek, I forgot to wear gloves & no amount of scrubbing is removing the stench from my hands :( :shock:
It's the best Tomato & sweet pepper liquid fertilizer bar none. :dude:
I have some peacock manure tea, VERY potent stuff but makes a great liquid fertilizer. I got it from my neighbor years ago who used to have several peacocks. I only have a little bit of it left, but I only need to add a little bit of it to a gallon of water for occasionally fertilizing my bonsai. My neighbor used to let the peacocks run loose around his property, they used to come and roost on my deck railing. Freaked me out the first time they roosted there and made their call. Ever hear a peacock call? It's like someone is screaming for help. This video doesn't do it justice, especially if the sound comes from right outside your kitchen window! :shock:

pnuggett

Reaction score
I absolutely STINK! :wow:I'm decanting Comfrey tea into 2ltr plastic milk containers from a 136ltr / 30 gallon barrel that's had the Comfrey plant leaves fermenting for over a month, Oh lee sheet does it reek, I forgot to wear gloves & no amount of scrubbing is removing the stench from my hands :( :shock:
It's the best Tomato & sweet pepper liquid fertilizer bar none. :dude:

Is that Frenchie talk?

pnuggett

Reaction score
Cleaned out the humidifier in my office/music room with some diluted bleach.

Reactions: KTM

DavGrape

Reaction score
My favorite sound as a lad from Tarzan movies was this animal cry sound... thus I would impersonate it, much to my family's delight.
Peacock, it was, I learned way later; never knew what it was.

• Love

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Peacocks can make fantastic pets. They are excellent sentry animals and can have great personalities. One of my peacocks is a real cracker… makes us all laugh with the way he conducts himself.

cheers.

05jrock

Reaction score
Peacocks can make fantastic pets. They are excellent sentry animals and can have great personalities. One of my peacocks is a real cracker… makes us all laugh with the way he conducts himself.

cheers.
The Maoris eat peacock
Ex all black Piri Weipu made a show about NZ. He visited a farm and they went hunting for peacocks at night.
They fried up the meat and apparently it tastes good

pnuggett

Reaction score
Making slow cooked chuck roast for tacos and tomatillo salsa today.

Reactions: ehb

KTM

Reaction score
I'm waiting for this bed of garlic to produce scapes, probably around two weeks out yet. I have another similar sized bed of a different variety that doesn't produce scapes. Garlic scapes are tasty!

Garlic.jpg

DavGrape

Reaction score
I've liberally never heard that word before.
Scape.
I guessing green onion-like flavorful garlic medallions.

KTM

Reaction score
We prepare them just like you could prepare green beans, fried up in a pan with a little olive oil. :drool:

Scape photos from last years garlic:

As they appear on the garlic:

Garlic_01.jpg

After harvest:

Garlic Scapes_01.jpg

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Crowe’s, the Bennett’s and the Crowder’s were just in. At least I’m pretty sure that’s who it was. What a f’n circus. Tough shift.

DavGrape

Reaction score
My fave as a yute.
"You stay out of those grapes!"

Single serving size:
DSCN2738.JPG

lancpudn

Reaction score
I'm waiting for this bed of garlic to produce scapes, probably around two weeks out yet. I have another similar sized bed of a different variety that doesn't produce scapes. Garlic scapes are tasty!

View attachment 542581
I planted a lot of Japanese senshyu onion sets out in October last year & literally overnight they've sent up scapes, It's like someone flicked a switch., We've had a really cold Spring followed by a heatwave of 20-23C /71-73F (for here in Lancashire :thumb: )
I pulled some up for salad onions yesterday, they're really firm & cruchy & those scapes will go into stir fry dishes. :dude:

Phil W

Reaction score
but do you top-wrap?
pickguard on or off?
They're controversial topics but that's just how we roll.
There is no controversy about the presence of the pickguard; a Les Paul without one in place merely undergoing maintenance!
:cheers2:

Latest Threads