Time for a mundane thread...

KTM

Reaction score
I've had to start bringing the bird feeders in at night due to the bear waking up from their winter nap. Then I have to remember to put them back out in the morning or the birds get all ornery. I had to do this last year too. I guess it's becoming the new normal.

This guy spent over 30 minutes around the feeder.

Bear_Feeder_01.jpg

Edit:

First photo of over 400 that the camera took that evening:

Bear_Feeder_Start.jpg

Last photo before he left:

Bear_Feeder_End.jpg

Last edited:

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't you tell this one-eyed blind guy what he sees. I can't bear this much longer. I'm a VIP and I demand this to stop. :run:

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had to start bringing the bird feeders in at night due to the bear waking up from their winter nap. Then I have to remember to put them back out in the morning or the birds get all ornery. I had to do this last year too. I guess it's becoming the new normal.

This guy spent over 30 minutes around the feeder.

View attachment 532585

Edit:

First photo of over 400 that the camera took that evening:

View attachment 532589

Last photo before he left:

View attachment 532590
So does he or not?

Reactions: KTM

pnuggett

Reaction score
Had the AC inspection. Said everything checked out but the contact points looked a little scarred. He said he would recommend new ones and while he was at it replace the capacitor. How much, I asked. $299.00 for each. 600 bucks. Nope, not doing that.

The last time I had someone out they said the only weak reading was on the fan motor and it wasn't critical. I asked what they would charge to come out and replace if and when it failed. He said about 500 bucks. I bought an exact replacement fan motor including the proper plug online for 140 bucks and installed it taking my time in less than 30 minutes. I also ordered a capacitor at the same time as a backup for 30-40 bucks. They are easy to replace.

The unit is 12 years old and working fine. I knew he was just trying to get extra revenue. I figure I'm getting bonus time for every year over 10-12 years here in AZ with our hot summers. If I get another couple years out of it I'll be happy. If not, so be it.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Had the AC inspection. Said everything checked out but the contact points looked a little scarred. He said he would recommend new ones and while he was at it replace the capacitor. How much, I asked. $299.00 for each. 600 bucks. Nope, not doing that.

The last time I had someone out they said the only weak reading was on the fan motor and it wasn't critical. I asked what they would charge to come out and replace if and when it failed. He said about 500 bucks. I bought an exact replacement fan motor including the proper plug online for 140 bucks and installed it taking my time in less than 30 minutes. I also ordered a capacitor at the same time as a backup for 30-40 bucks. They are easy to replace.

The unit is 12 years old and working fine. I knew he was just trying to get extra revenue. I figure I'm getting bonus time for every year over 10-12 years here in AZ with our hot summers. If I get another couple years out of it I'll be happy. If not, so be it.
So I guess you'll be resting up now...?

cheers.

sonar1

Reaction score
Gave my squirell friend an end piece of wheat bread, some leftover popcorn and about five Bugles®.
Didn't like the Bugles®, tossed them out of the pile, even.
That’s a tell.
Like when ants avoid diet soda.

Reactions: KTM

Latest Threads