Time for a mundane thread...

KTM

Reaction score
Noticed late yesterday that the suet feeder was empty. :run: I'll have to fill that this evening.

One of the springs on my garage door broke this morning. I had to open the garage door manually, then move my car and my wife's car outside then close the door. Thankfully it looks like Menard's has several of the spring I need in stock so I can pick one up on my way home from work and swap it out this evening. Thinking I might want to get two and swap out both and then keep the old one that didn't break as a spare...

pnuggett

Reaction score
Noticed late yesterday that the suet feeder was empty. :run: I'll have to fill that this evening.

One of the springs on my garage door broke this morning. I had to open the garage door manually, then move my car and my wife's car outside then close the door. Thankfully it looks like Menard's has several of the spring I need in stock so I can pick one up on my way home from work and swap it out this evening. Thinking I might want to get two and swap out both and then keep the old one that didn't break as a spare...

Good idea. I think it's smart to spring for two new ones. Actually I recommend it so both sides have equal tension. The old one might be stretched, weak, or even stronger than the replacements.
I'm tired now.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was heavy into Spirograph, mang.
Lucky boy me even got the Super.

The rings had four pin holes.... no; no, no...stick them suckers down with like 8, using the pen holes or toe-nailing them down on the edges, too.
More stability.

View attachment 528632
Getting 98% of the way done, and one of the pins comes loose...BOOM...ruined.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided that cheap or ugly one pickup guitars will henceforth be called (by me, but you may also use the term, it ain't copyrighted) "one pup pounders."

I have four so far, $88 to $600

KTM

Reaction score
Good idea. I think it's smart to spring for two new ones. Actually I recommend it so both sides have equal tension. The old one might be stretched, weak, or even stronger than the replacements.
I'm tired now.
I replaced them both. As you may know, garage door springs are color coded, they sure changed the white springs from the last time I had to replace them which was about 10 years ago. Much smaller gauge and diameter. They are not as strong as the old one(s) either. After I replaced the broken spring I tested the door and it worked fine. Replaced the old good spring with a new one and the door would only open about a foot. :mad: I had to adjust the opener opening force. All is well now, for now anyway.

One old two new.jpg

After I had the garage door taken care of it was time to fill the suet feeder.

Suet Empty.jpg

Suet Full.jpg

I seem to recall there was some questioning about your hummingbird feeder some time back and a photo with a spoon was requested. To ward off that same doubt about my suet feeder, here it is with a spoon, well, it's not a spoon, but it's shaped like a spoon and it was more handy than going inside and into the kitchen to get an actual spoon.

Big Spoon.jpg

Last edited:

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was just stupid. The marshmallows were already on a stick ready for roasting. Why not cut the branch off and leave it ready to go. Dumb assed marshmallow farmers don' know nuttin'.
Agree. You could probably sell an 8 pack with sticks for twice what a regular bag sells for.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. Melody Maker reissues on Reverb with asking prices $500 to $1000 US.
I got me a good deal, then.

Olds442

Reaction score
I seem to recall there was some questioning about your hummingbird feeder some time back and a photo with a spoon was requested. To ward off that same doubt about my suet feeder, here it is with a spoon, well, it's not a spoon, but it's shaped like a spoon and it was more handy than going inside and into the kitchen to get an actual spoon.

KTM

Reaction score
And I had to fill that suet feeder again on Monday! At the rate they're going through the suet I'm going to have to buy another box of ten.

Last edited:

Latest Threads