Time for a mundane thread...

KTM

Reaction score
I have a steady stream of Red Bellied, Pileated, Downy, Hairy, Northern Flicker, Yellow Shafted Flicker visiting my suet feeder, and used to see Red Headed woodpeckers. Not sure why the Red Headed woodpeckers have disappeared in my area. Used to see them all the time back when I was a kid.

KTM

Reaction score
Just a couple days every spring, a wily and elusive Grosbeak visits.
Must be on a migratory path.

View attachment 521802

"Ladybug, ladybug; fly away home. Your house is on fire and your children will burn."
They pass through my area as well, usually in May. The Goldfinches and Indigo Buntings show up then as well. Photos from my yard a few years back.

Rose Breasted Grosbeak_01.jpg

Gold Finch Indigo Bunting.jpg

KTM

Reaction score
Oh yeah, when the Robins show up in the Spring they can be in huge flocks. Hundreds of them at a time, I've witnessed that a few times over the years, right place at the right time kind of thing. Then they disperse and you only see a few at a time.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When a kid, we would hide out after the last freeze and ambush Robin's eating the old fermented chinaberries. They'd get drunk as hell. An old guy in the neighborhood would pay us a dime each for Robin's we mailed with our BB and pellet guns. He said they tasted like dove so we'd hook him up... We'd have plenty of money for more bbs and pellets, all we could shoot after one afternoon of Robin hunting.

Last edited:

DavGrape

Reaction score
"You been into those berries agin!"
"Faaaahk...."
"No worms, of course; no slugs, no snails."
"Fahk them worms."

Reactions: ehb

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Itching to buy another amp. Do I buy the discontinued Supro Blues King 10 with immediate shipping for $490 US or the new Delta King 10 for $550 US and wait until the end of June? They are the same amp with different covering.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyhoo, gotta go shopping. I want a coupla things from Princess Auto, check the projected price on the Epi Gold Glory at L&M, and buy food.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tan with stripes looks slick...

Latest Threads