TikTok Tics?

redking

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with my f/k/a step daughter Shelby who now goes by James. Who knows what the cause is.

Watched Rocky Horror last night. If the day comes when Tim Curry gives me a chubber, I'm going to seek help.

At the end of the day, you can't pretend to be something you aren't for your entire life and be happy. If people want to go fuck up their lives in this way, I say go ahead, the well adjusted people will just have an easier time "winning" in life. From a parent's perspective - that is where it gets tough. I don't agree with the placating approach, but I have not had to be in their shoes either. Keeping your kid out of social media and away from wingnuts is a good way to start, but tough to do - but that is part of the job description now.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sure it does. Customs can cross lines, even when there is no particularly valid functional reason.

Look at the evolution of the handshake, men vs. women. In the US, a handshake was likely rare between a man and a woman, and even more rare between two women as recently as the 1930s.

Now, women shaking hands in the US is common, but still not as common as dude-on-dude hand-action. Why? Who knows? But it moved from one side to both sides. No reason for it.

Just like there's no reason for some dude/douche to ducklip. It's now just a "thing some folks do when a camera is around".

Or maybe they all just want to be Jimmy Page.

View attachment 567192 View attachment 567193 View attachment 567195 View attachment 567197
duckface-jimmy-page.gif
View attachment 567198 View attachment 567200
No way, not buying. These kids never put that much thought in any of this .

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm not buying that as a reason for duck lips. It also doesn't explain why an equal amount of guys make the duck lips face.

blame the kardashians

too many people emulate trash. How we've emboldened and put trash on a pedestal as something to emulate I'll never understand.

also,

Jimmy Page isn't making duckface,.. he's making guitar-face.

Ugly guitar-face is a whole 'nother thing.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had duck tails.
Entirely different thing (inserts tongue in cheek)…

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sure it does. Customs can cross lines, even when there is no particularly valid functional reason.

Look at the evolution of the handshake, men vs. women. In the US, a handshake was likely rare between a man and a woman, and even more rare between two women as recently as the 1930s.

Now, women shaking hands in the US is common, but still not as common as dude-on-dude hand-action. Why? Who knows? But it moved from one side to both sides. No reason for it.

Just like there's no reason for some dude/douche to ducklip. It's now just a "thing some folks do when a camera is around".

Or maybe they all just want to be Jimmy Page.

View attachment 567192 View attachment 567193 View attachment 567195 View attachment 567197
duckface-jimmy-page.gif
View attachment 567198 View attachment 567200
Nope. Not the same thing, and these kids don't know fuck-all about Rock Star faces. They listen to gangster rap. That's why they hold up bundles of cash when they do it.

So far, no plausible explanation for where the duck lips came from or are emulating, but I'm out. Not worth my fucking time to engage in this back-and-forth bullshit.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Duck Face

landscape-1445005934-duck.jpg

Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Ariana Grande
INSTAGRAM

What it is: The classic pouted lips pose, also known as a "kissy face."

When it started: While you could argue that the dawn of Myspace profile pictures and digital cameras in the first half of the 2000s spawned the pose, it really picked up around 2012 just as Instagram started getting popular. Despite being the butt of many jokes, it still hasn't disappeared.

1634850750378.png

LP121

Reaction score
Smart! :p

I checked out ONE TikTok video-- once.

It was some nurse doing an interpretative dance to instruct others that it's not okay to rape her. I laughed my fucking ass off at that, trying to imagine an actual, criminal, forcible felon about to commit a rape against her, and cracked up at the idea that some stupid little dance would be enough to convince that sort of offender to abandon his plans to commit sexual battery. :laugh2:

After that, I realized: no more TikTok. Too stupid for words, really... :rofl:

--R :p

I mentioned in another thread that my wife is on TikTok. I saw nothing there that appealed to me.

As much as I despise Facebook and Twitter, at least I understand the concept and why someone might use them.

TikTok just doesn't make sense to me.

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Duck Face

View attachment 567224

Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Ariana Grande
INSTAGRAM

What it is: The classic pouted lips pose, also known as a "kissy face."

When it started: While you could argue that the dawn of Myspace profile pictures and digital cameras in the first half of the 2000s spawned the pose, it really picked up around 2012 just as Instagram started getting popular. Despite being the butt of many jokes, it still hasn't disappeared.

View attachment 567225
Finally, a straight answer, right to the point and crystal clear. And it makes total sense.

Thank you for not launching into some "social history of man" bullshit.

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Baring my soul...........
Painful.............

had a rat tail in 1986.

only about 3 months Thank Gawd
don't think less of me
Hairstyle-speaking, what pray-tell is a rat tail?

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ok well yeah that pic is scary :laugh2:

I have no idea who she is

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lisa Rinna. She actually seems like a decent person, in the several shows I’ve seen her on.

She publicly regrets the lip treatments she got and realizes how badly they turned out.

Looks better w long hair

Screenshot_20211021-213547_Opera-1.jpg

Latest Threads