TikTok Tics?

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll bet there are girls out there with permanent duck lips from all the selfies.
An extremely stupid and unattractive phenomenon I have never understood. And you ask someone who has done the duck-lips in a photo, and NOT ONE of them have a legitimate answer for why they did it.

All you are ever going to heat for answer is:

" I dunno"

"I thought it was cool"

"Everybody else is"

That's it. There is no enlightenening explanation for why they do duck-lips in photos.

I think that's a strange phenomenon itself.

..and a really ugly one.

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
An extremely stupid and unattractive phenomenon I have never understood. And you ask someone who has done the duck-lips in a photo, and NOT ONE of them have a legitimate answer for why they did it.

All you are ever going to heat for answer is:

" I dunno"

"I thought it was cool"

"Everybody else is"

That's it. There is no enlightenening explanation for why they do duck-lips in photos.

I think that's a strange phenomenon itself.

..and a really ugly one.

Ignorant people are easier to control.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In the small universe of people I know, I'm aware of several with high school age daughters who are now "Charlie". They all take on the same attitude, appearance, and sexual ambiguity. This is a learned behavior, and not a good one. The internet is an amazing resource, but we're now beginning to see and understand the societal wreckage.

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The same can be said for making the "devil's horns metal sign" or even yelling WOOOO when something exciting happened. These are learned and copied behaviors. Ducklips are no different than handshakes. Conditioned, learned, accepted, repeated....

Heck, I'm old enough to remember when smiling in a picture was new and considered VERY unseemly and odd. Now it's considered normal and encouraged. Just a copied and accepted thing that caught on.

Recent photo of me:

View attachment 567160
I get the devil horns fingers. Everybody does. Application may be wonky at times, but at least we know what the gesture means.

So WTF are "duck lips"

LocoTex

Reaction score
In the small universe of people I know, I'm aware of several with high school age daughters who are now "Charlie". They all take on the same attitude, appearance, and sexual ambiguity. This is a learned behavior, and not a good one. The internet is an amazing resource, but we're now beginning to see and understand the societal wreckage.
I can relate. My granddaughter is now my grandson. I still love her/him but I think it's a mental illness. Flame me if you like, I don't care.

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
So they discovered TikTok is causing this. It was just a matter of time.

i-saw-that.gif

KYt1ds2.gif

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score

Pics?

:dunno:

Who Charlie?
What Charlie?
Which Charlie?

This Charlie?

.jpg

The Charlie Challenge?
(Let's Satan into your house?!?...WTF!)

charlie-charlie-challenge_650x400_71432639885.jpg

?

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Insecure girls have been fed a line that "full lush lips" are more attractive. The same way we've all been convinced that thin>fat, smooth>wrinkled, etc.

So the ducklips rose out of an attempt to be more attractive.

It is probably similar to a guy sucking in his gut when an attractive girl is near by.
It is definitely the same as holding the phone high when talking a self-portrait, as that angle reduces wrinkles, shadows, and creates a slimming look.

View attachment 567169

It's generational and changes over time. Remember when being thin was BAD for a girl's look?

View attachment 567170
009-1200x1722.jpg

The world is not for us. As it should be. The world of people is always changing. Like a river. The same river has run through your county since before you were born, yet the water that makes up that river is completely different from the day this thread started. Is it really the same river?

We're the water headed out into the bay.
I'm not buying that as a reason for duck lips. It also doesn't explain why an equal amount of guys make the duck lips face.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Tick tock is a place I will never visit. Of this I am certain

Smart! :p

I checked out ONE TikTok video-- once.

It was some nurse doing an interpretative dance to instruct others that it's not okay to rape her. I laughed my fucking ass off at that, trying to imagine an actual, criminal, forcible felon about to commit a rape against her, and cracked up at the idea that some stupid little dance would be enough to convince that sort of offender to abandon his plans to commit sexual battery. :laugh2:

After that, I realized: no more TikTok. Too stupid for words, really... :rofl:

--R :p

Last edited:

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can relate. My granddaughter is now my grandson. I still lover her/him but I think it's a mental illness. Flame me if you like, I don't care.
I'm in the same boat with my f/k/a step daughter Shelby who now goes by James. Who knows what the cause is.

Watched Rocky Horror last night. If the day comes when Tim Curry gives me a chubber, I'm going to seek help.

Latest Threads