TikTok Tics?

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's a new one:

The online publication Business Insider-- along with a virtual shitload of yet other sites-- is today reporting that doctors in several countries are reporting a sharp increase in the number of teenage girls who are developing various types of physical "tics", along with some who are also apparently developing or exhibiting symptoms that are consistent with the verbal aspect of Tourette's Syndrome...

And the culprit? By the accounts of these reporting physicians, the sharp increase in the number of young females who appear to be developing involuntary spasms, unusual and interrupted speech patterns a la Tourette's-- and so forth-- seem to have one thing in common: they all tended to dote on TikTok, and spent a goodly amount of time there.

One of the earlier reports concerning this apparent phenomenon came by way of a West German clinician, who noted that instead of the one or two girls per month that she saw and diagnosed as suffering from Tourette's, she was suddenly getting more like 25 and 30.

Initially, the social (and other) stresses brought forth by the pandemic were seen as being most influential when it came to this sort of thing... but as the doctor continued to observe, record, and treat these patients, she found something really weird: that quite a few of them featured all the very same tics.

That was unusual. Most of the time, the various expressions Tourette's takes on will vary from one person to the next, with no apparent conformity in when it comes to symptoms. However, what this doc-- and numerous others around the globe-- observed that was unusual was that quite a few of these girls developed exactly the same tics... with the odds against that being seen as perfectly astronomical.

The doctor later discovered that these tics her patients were coming in with were exactly the same as those suffered by a popular YouTube poster, who has done videos to discuss how she lives while suffering from Tourette's.

It was almost as though there was some sort of involuntary "monkey-see, monkey-do" kind of reaction at hand here. Meanwhile, other doctors in other nations were seeing this same sharp increase in females with Tourettes's-- which are ordinarily scarce, statistically speaking-- coming in with tics that they appeared to have somehow developed... while watching TikTok.

In Chicago, a clinician reported finding several of these new female cases-- which, again, have spiked world-wide-- who would blurt out the word "beans" as part of their reaction vis-a-vis Tourette's....

Later, the doc found out that there's some British female TikTok person who also does presentations on how to live with Tourette's... and what do you suppose one of her tics is? Yep: she blurts out the word "beans" for no apparent reason every so often.

So now we're looking at a potential medical consensus, to wit: that various types of psychological and psychiatric maladies might literally be communicable.

**************I*
I have long thought the same thing myself... but rather than to elucidate on my own behalf, I shall instead continue to tell y'all what some of the doctors out there are saying...

One thing they're saying is this: that in fact there are communicable mental illnesses...

One child neurologist who practices in Texas, Mariam Hull, does believe that there are communicable mental illnesses, syndromes, and so forth. She did a study that concluded that once, certain local nutty ideas and behaviors were restricted to limited geographical locations... but that social media and the current state of personal communications have allowed such things to actually spread...

Bad thinking in one person is backed up and validated by the same bad thinking in yet another person. Consider the incels as I speak of this... they tend to encourage one another towards misogyny...

But what Dr. Hull also found was that simply watching some TikTok video one time wouldn't cause anybody to develop the same tics and behavioral characteristics. However, due to the algorithms used by sites such as TikTok, YouTube, and others, almost all the patients she found with identical symptoms as part of their personal Tourette's condition were found to have watched these same videos repetitively.

So I dunno... I've always thought of "groupthink" as a form of insanity, though brought on by the sheer laziness of some folks when it comes to doing actual, independent thinking... but what we've got here are people who are mimicking the precise physical symptoms of other patients... which, as I said, is a statistical rarity in the case of people with Tourette's.

There's one other factor that was held by all medical observers to be in common: every patient they saw and are treating for these behavioral dysfunctions was also incredibly stressed out and suffering from depression as one result of the worldwide pandemic.

Here's a link for those who care to read more:

Does TikTok Induce Tics?

But as I said: pretty much everybody is reporting this story today. Take your pick: for once, they're all kinda saying the same thing.

--R

Last edited:

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like chain suicides.

The Navy apparently gave me Tourette’s. Now I swear like a sailor.
My grown daughter criticized my “potty mouth.”
The next time she visited, she was swearing like a sailor too.

redking

Reaction score
It's a Social Contagion, technology is rotting the brains of those who have been born since the invention of the smartphone and have been exposed to lunacy their whole lives by being given free access to instant gratification devices since birth. The human brain doesn't mature until age 25 and can't take that kind of constant stimulus without snapping.

Matt_21

Reaction score
Great post Rob.
Thanks for that. I've got three small girls and we've kept them away from social media so far.
They have friends and cousins who are exposed to it though and through them, my girls.
Another reason I'll be keeping them away from that sh*t as long as possible.

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they discovered TikToc is causing this. It was just a matter of time.
Wait. Isn't Tik Tok owned by a Chinese business? CONSPIRACY!

RE: the illness aspect. Maybe another variant of Munchausen's Disease
as of yet properly studied.

And we wonder how people are easily hypnotized.

redking

Reaction score
Wait. Isn't Tik Tok owned by a Chinese business? CONSPIRACY!

RE: the illness aspect. Maybe another variant of Munchausen's Disease
as of yet properly studied.

And we wonder how people are easily hypnotized.
it will probably never get properly studied because it will invalidate the whole gender identity thing - the woke university structure probably won't let it be properly funded

redking

Reaction score
I love the incapability of a younger generation. It will extend my years of usefulness.

If they were superior in every way, I’d be put out to pasture.
I was just thinking the other day that I could probably work in Sr. Management roles until I'm 80 if I want to based on what I see out in the world.

integra evan

Reaction score
1634826451222.png

Latest Threads