TikTok and Twitter users are trying to cancel Metallic now.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is almost as much Injustice For All as the OU coach resigning after reading a bad word from a players iPad.

People are clinically insane. I’m not even joking. I feel like I speak a different language than the earth sometimes.

Zungle

Reaction score
This is your basic rage baiter- seeking negative engagement- not a woke moralist. Every vid is just cringe. Not sure if people understand the concept of rage bait here. It is a thing.

Formula:

1. Piss a bunch of people off in a video.
2. Get them to negatively comment on your video, and to share it… like here.
3. Algorithm detects the engagement and promotes your video even more.
4.More people watch and comment.
5. Profit!
Nothing unique or new.......

I'd wager most here understand the basics of what it is......

Its been a staple of the human race to gain attention, make $$, win elections etc for a centuries.......

Its not limited to the internet......not at all.....its a human thing..

Last edited:

PeteK

Reaction score
If St. Anger didn't get 'em canceled nothing will
Exactly! They got me kicked off Napster and I'm still a fan. They released an album where Lars played fucking trash cans and Kirk didn't play any solos and I'm still a fan. They went alt rock in the 90's and I'm still a fan. They are too big to fail. Uncancellable. The hate will only fuel them

filtersweep

Reaction score
Nothing unique or new.......

I'd wager most here understand the basics of what it is......

Its been a staple of the human race to gain attention, make $$, win elections etc for a centuries.......

Its not limited to the internet......not at all.....its a human thing..
No doubt, but it is a bit disingenuous to use this to rally against a non-existent trend within MLP’s favorite fringe movement.

Most people in this thread are taking this at face value— as if the discovered the internet yesterday. So staple or not, plenty of people don’t get it. And this is why rage bait works— all this engagement over something that doesn’t exist.

James R

Reaction score
No doubt, but it is a bit disingenuous to use this to rally against a non-existent trend within MLP’s favorite fringe movement.

Most people in this thread are taking this at face value— as if the discovered the internet yesterday. So staple or not, plenty of people don’t get it. And this is why rage bait works— all this engagement over something that doesn’t exist.
I don't know, man.
I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I think most people in this thread are posting in it for the same reason I started it... it's just something to talk about.
Stir up some discussion on the ol' discussion board sort of thing, y'know?

Personally, I think most people are showing amusement about it more than any kind of anger or rage, but maybe those kinds of emotions look different to me than they do to others.
*shrug*

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I would say most if not all people in this thread are perfectly aware of sensationalism. This is why as a whole we can have way more controversial conversations than most music forums. People don’t in general rage and troll each other.

I don’t know what “fringe” movement is being referenced. The ridiculousness of cancel culture, and the resistance to being gaslighted on a constant basis on variety of significant philosophical, fact based, scientific truths isn’t what I would call fringe.

Personally I wouldn’t call Jordan Pererson fringe or a “Chicken Little.” He’s kind of where I am as far as wood outlook. He is far smarter and more articulate about it than I am, but I can follow him 99% of the time. I think most people can’t follow him, which is exactly why he’s so controversial, when he shouldn’t be.

That not to say there are some reoccurring topics discussing current events, and gaslighting taking place. There are, and I appreciate the fact that we can, actually discuss. I appreciate the fact that I can come here for polite conversation and not think I’m completely alone in thinking this “stuff” is nuts. That’s not to say, so stories are brought up specifically to stir the pot a little. Isn’t that kind of the point of forums and threads? As Jordan Peterson says, you can’t have conversation without some level of disagreement or we’d have nothing to talk about.

What I can also tell you is that the lack of intellectual IQ and emotional IQ with people in general that allows the rationalization of ruining lives, and manipulating truth; is alive and well in the professional world from those who would be considered highly educated people. It doesn’t feel fringe at all to me. It’s actually quite scary. If anything what should be “fringe” isn’t. We are living through what should be satire, but isn’t. The movie Idiocracy in real life. That’s why I’m up thinking about this stuff at 4:30am.

Last edited:

Martijn R.

Reaction score
Cancel culture...my wife calls them "idiots with just enough IQ not to shit on the street"

To me they seem to be at the same level your average extremist movement who try to cancel people with the "wrong" religion or heritage and just history in general. In the end it all seems to be about power and self enrichement or just plain stupidity.

They should have seen the Rammstein concert i was at last thursday...

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
As I’ve found out many of the woke are really just enjoying their ability to bully people via a self inflicted victimhood. And it’s not just the woke who pull this but anyone who can claim they were somehow wronged and find enough people to give them support.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As I’ve found out many of the woke are really just enjoying their ability to bully people via a self inflicted victimhood. And it’s not just the woke who pull this but anyone who can claim they were somehow wronged and find enough people to give them support.

yes somehow being a "victim" and mentally ill is like a badge of honor these days.

it's gross. And stupid.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yep. And the Swastika predates the Nazi party.
It always reminds me of this guy (NOT a nazi)
1660057502137.png

Even though the symbol goes a lot further back in history.

Latest Threads