Thursday NGD. Wildwood 50s spec standard

afireinside

Reaction score
I updated with actual pics. The flame is a touch more peek a boo then i imagined. But my god does it sound and play amazing! The pickups are insane! Love them

anorton

Reaction score
Sweet! Congratulations and happy NGD! Cheers.

BoogieMan_SC

Reaction score
Awesome and beautiful guitar. How are you enjoying her? I just pulled the trigger tiday on one of the 50's WW Standards with the same '59 pickups in Honeyburst.

I'll post some photos once she gets here next week, but their service was great. Setup pref we Renee's & strings...free shirt, free shipping. All good.

I have a couple WW-exclusive Friedman amps and they've always been fantastic to deal with. On one of the amps, I ordered it in black tolex and they called me afterward to say it was in error because the last one they had was actually black snakeskin tolex which was a custom shop $300 upcharge but they let me snag it at our negotiated price if I wanted it. I snagged it and that WW Smallbox 50 is my main gigging amp still.

DaveSG

Reaction score
Incredible guitar - please show us more pictures! Really want to see this one!

DaveSG

Reaction score
I think this is why places like GC get mostly undistinguished LPs. A Standard is no longer Standard. What you get depends, often, on where you buy it. It shouldn't be that way, but that's how it seems to work. I'd like to hear some of the discussions between Gibson and different retailers.
You know, I've thought this too, but I wonder if Gibson really cares enough to send certain 'quality' guitars to certain places or not. I was challenged by this by seeing one of the most beautiful Original Collection 50s Standards at a GC about a year ago. It was killer - very deep, detailed crisp flame. It stood out from all the other LPs they had by a mile. And it didn't yet have any of the GC relic treatment. I was pretty shocked.

Latest Threads