Thursday NGD. Wildwood 50s spec standard

afireinside

Reaction score
So i had been going back to this one for a bout a month on the site. Dident need or want another guitar.... and i rarely buy new but i couldent resist! This had a smallish 50s neck., real nice flame, 9.3lb, exclusive dark cherry burst and 59 tribute pickups. Should be here Thursday i cant wait! Here are their pro pics and under florescent shop lights they took pre-packaging.

Attachments

Fritz44

Reaction score
A real Greg Cox special beautiful top
Congrats

horax

Reaction score
Was looking at this earlier last week!

afireinside

Reaction score
Was looking at this earlier last week!
Yeah weight was decent 9.3lb. The smaller neck spec ive seen (.010 thicker then my 16 335) and killer flame. And the burst looked sweet

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out freaking standard...

wildwood is a great company imho
and that is an AWESOME guitar

-Chris

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
General experience with Wildwood good?
I'm always nervous buying online, and generally would not for anything more than $600 or so, but I've not heard anyone talk about issues with something they've bought from WW.
Their prices are the same as Sam Ash (IOTW, MSRP)... are these specifically selected from Gibson stock by WW and well-set up?

Jer

Reaction score
I think you are going to be very pleasantly surprised. I didn’t know those were sporting the 59 Tribute pups! Those are amazing pickups. If you ever want your LP to sound like the originals, just upgrade your wiring harness to a 50’s job from Creamtone and voila! I couldn’t believe my ears.
Congrats!

afireinside

Reaction score
Yes this is my second standard from them. They deal a bit, dosent hurt to ask! They ask your string preference (daddario 10s for me) and how my setup preferences are. They will take more natural light pics as needed. Setup on my blueberry burst was stellar. Their pics are very accurate. They show about every spec you can imagine on each guitar online and Lance will sit on the phone and answer any and all questions

peobryant

Reaction score
Congratulations, sir, that is a gorgeous guitar. The Wildwood Spec '59 Tributes sound amazing as well.

General experience with Wildwood good?
I'm always nervous buying online, and generally would not for anything more than $600 or so, but I've not heard anyone talk about issues with something they've bought from WW.
Their prices are the same as Sam Ash (IOTW, MSRP)... are these specifically selected from Gibson stock by WW and well-set up?
I've bought two Les Pauls from Wildwood and both experiences were fantastic. The pictures were great, they set the guitars up perfectly and answered any questions I had. I've got my eye on a Jimmy Page Telecaster and I'll be purchasing it from Wildwood when I'm ready.

My last Wildwood purchase was one of their Wildwood Select 50s Standards and it is by far and away my favorite guitar. The handpicked top is wonderful, the neck is nice and chunky and the pickups sound fantastic.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet!
I've been lusting after a 50's P90 Goldtop, so nothing special about the figuring, but overall quality and setup are.
SamAsh has one listed on Reverb in Vegas, and I could spend a Saturday driving out there to check it out (if I were ready to buy right now)... but then after driving 200 miles I'd be bummed if I didn't like it, so I might be tempted to settle for less than perfect.
Sounds like you can't go wrong with WW.

Les Kiwi

Reaction score
Are these the same '59 Tribute pickups that were in the 2014 and 2015 les pauls?

brianbzed

Reaction score
Congratulations, sir, that is a gorgeous guitar. The Wildwood Spec '59 Tributes sound amazing as well.

I've bought two Les Pauls from Wildwood and both experiences were fantastic. The pictures were great, they set the guitars up perfectly and answered any questions I had. I've got my eye on a Jimmy Page Telecaster and I'll be purchasing it from Wildwood when I'm ready.

My last Wildwood purchase was one of their Wildwood Select 50s Standards and it is by far and away my favorite guitar. The handpicked top is wonderful, the neck is nice and chunky and the pickups sound fantastic.

A stunner! Congrats!

moreles

Reaction score
I think this is why places like GC get mostly undistinguished LPs. A Standard is no longer Standard. What you get depends, often, on where you buy it. It shouldn't be that way, but that's how it seems to work. I'd like to hear some of the discussions between Gibson and different retailers.

Latest Threads