Throbak | ReWind | Holmes | Wizz | Lollar | Gibson MHS - Video Comparison

What were your top 2 favorite sets overall?

• Throbak SLE-101+ LTD

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Tom Holmes H450 / H455

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • ReWind Electric 1958 PAF

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Memphis Historic Spec PAF

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • ReWind Electric Low Output A5

• Lollar Low Wind Imperial

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Wizz Premium Clone PAF

• Total voters

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Do the whole thing over again, but without the pickguard. That's what really counts, anyway. :rofl:

Thanks for doing an absolutely amazing job! I'm sure this will help folks find whatever pickups might be best for their unique style / guitar / rig / preferences.

yeatzee

Reaction score
Off the top of my head:-
1. Tonerider Alnico 2 Classics
2. Tonerider Alnico 4 Classics
3. Vineham Sweet V59
4. GFS Classic II
5. GFS Vintage 59
6. Seymour Duncan '59
7. Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates

I can think of more, especially from Dimarzio, and several other winders.
I can understand it takes time, it was just a suggestion. I'd love to do it myself, but I have neither the funds nor quality amps to test and record them through
I've honestly never heard of most of those!

Or do a Blind Test Comparison and have a cheaper but good quality set in there and see what eventuates
I've never been a big fan of blind tests. Nobody watches them, and those that do just skip ahead to see the reveal. I always say if you want a blind test version of one of my comparison videos just minimize the tab and write down your thoughts as the video goes on then look back. What's a good quality but cheaper set you have in mind?

Do the whole thing over again, but without the pickguard. That's what really counts, anyway. :rofl:

Thanks for doing an absolutely amazing job! I'm sure this will help folks find whatever pickups might be best for their unique style / guitar / rig / preferences.
Exactly lol. Thank you and I hope so.

Deep! ;)

AJK1

Reaction score
Seth Lovers
And make sure all the covers are on so it’s a credible comparison

Andrew1225

Reaction score
Loved the comparison vid! Very very nice indeed!
Still, I think I prefer my stock MHS!

If you do plan on doing any further comparisons do try SD Antiquity or Seth Lovers tho! They’ve been around the longest and don’t have too many vids on YouTube in a 335 type.

yeatzee

Reaction score
Loved the comparison vid! Very very nice indeed!
Still, I think I prefer my stock MHS!

If you do plan on doing any further comparisons do try SD Antiquity or Seth Lovers tho! They’ve been around the longest and don’t have too many vids on YouTube in a 335 type.
Thanks! I thought the MHS pickups did quite well personally, they had their own thing going for them that I definitely could see some preferring.

Andrew1225

Reaction score
Thanks! I thought the MHS pickups did quite well personally, they had their own thing going for them that I definitely could see some preferring.
Could you advise from experience, which was the loudest played clean in the room you were playing at?

Latest Threads