ThroBak Pro-90 vs Fralin P-90 Humbucker vs Lollar Novel 90...

jeffy

Reaction score
Been thinking about replacing my Scatterbrane BenWahbrane's for some humbucker size P-90's. Thoughts?

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I just received a set of Lollar Novel 90s in the mail. I'll report back in a few days if you'd like.

It all depends on the sound you're going for. What kind of a sound are you going for?

jeffy

Reaction score
I just received a set of Lollar Novel 90s in the mail. I'll report back in a few days if you'd like.

It all depends on the sound you're going for. What kind of a sound are you going for?
Cool!

Not looking for anything too specific. Probably 50's era. I want a 2021 '50s Standard P90 but also want to get my '12 Standard up and running again. Took out the Skatterbrane's (AlNiCo 4) and threw back in the converted BB1 & 2 (were Pro), but I think I want something different. The bass is too muddy and gets worse when cranked.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Cool!

Not looking for anything too specific. Probably 50's era. I want a 2021 '50s Standard P90 but also want to get my '12 Standard up and running again. Took out the Skatterbrane's (AlNiCo 4) and threw back in the converted BB1 & 2 (were Pro), but I think I want something different. The bass is too muddy and gets worse when cranked.
That's kinda funny. I want a 50's standard P90 as well, but I thought I'd try these Lollars in my 2016 Traditional which I've kind of neglected so I'm rewiring it and installing these.

I disliked the original 57 Classics and now have a set of Duncan 59s which I'm pretty displeased with. It's a dark guitar and I need to brighten it up.

jeffy

Reaction score
That's kinda funny. I want a 50's standard P90 as well, but I thought I'd try these Lollars in my 2016 Traditional which I've kind of neglected so I'm rewiring it and installing these.

I disliked the original 57 Classics and now have a set of Duncan 59s which I'm pretty displeased with. It's a dark guitar and I need to brighten it up.
Yeah, I like what the new management has done. The '50s Standard P90 is pretty sweet. I even liked the Gold Top Traditional P90 Bigsby they had a few years earlier.

I've been a PCB holdout since the beginning. I've tweaked the PCB for '50s wiring, PIO Caps, and Coil-splits (from Fat Taps). Now I think I'll finally take the plunge and go with regular pots and caps and braided wire. I don't need versatility. I want it to do one thing, the LP/P90 thing, but do it well.

jeffy

Reaction score
Anyone else have experience with any of these? Sold my Scatterbrane Ben Wahbrane's so I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on something.

Latest Threads