Thread that went where, and why?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Guys, there was a post on the “other guitars” forum about whether the poster would like a PRS. I responded, and so did many long tine member here. All posts were civil and positive. Yet the thread has disappeared. Why?

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something caused it to go south that you didn't see.

Reactions: E.X

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Well, it is back on the second page. I’m glad because I am a PRS fan as well as a LP fan. No, PRS don’t sound or play exactly like LPs. Which one you prefer depends on the song you are playing.

guitaroholic

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my highly therapeutic 'Delusional Seller Hall of Shame' thread...

1633801046708.png

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my highly therapeutic 'Delusional Seller Hall of Shame' thread...

View attachment 564860
One of the forum members happened to be the owner of one of the sales being called out and took issue with the comments directed toward the listing.
In fairness, the listing was a guitar shop... not a personal listing, so I assume it was a consignment thing.

guitaroholic

Reaction score
One of the forum members happened to be the owner of one of the sales being called out and took issue with the comments directed toward the listing.
In fairness, the listing was a guitar shop... not a personal listing, so I assume it was a consignment thing.
:rofl:so much customer feedback in most comments. S/He should be thankful. Hope s/he learned something. lol.
Could have just taken out the posts that cause butthurt instead of hiding the entire thread.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
:rofl:so much customer feedback in most comments. S/He should be thankful. Hope s/he learned something. lol.
Could have just taken out the posts that cause butthurt instead of hiding the entire thread.
It wasn't a moderator or admin's sale.
User likely reported posts, and one of the mods probably considered the potential for butthurt and decided it best for the community to kill it.
I can see it both ways... I'd be pissed if I saw my own Reverb listing in there.
Ultimately, the job of the mods and admin is to make this place a pleasant place for everyone... unless and until they show themselves as trolls.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
There are a couple of member/vendors here I have had less than desirable experiences with. Private discussion is the way to go or just let it go.
This thread wasn't about issues with sales to/from members.
It was just a fun thread to make fun of Reverb and CL sellers who had an "extremely optimistic view" of the items they were selling.
5 year old Standards priced higher than new, old beat up crap import models priced higher than new, etc.....
Never was an intent to call out forum members, and in fact someone had asked if they could and was of course told "no"

AFAIK, this was the first time something posted was attached to a forum member... and it was actually shared a couple of weeks ago.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread wasn't about issues with sales to/from members.
It was just a fun thread to make fun of Reverb and CL sellers who had an "extremely optimistic view" of the items they were selling.
5 year old Standards priced higher than new, old beat up crap import models priced higher than new, etc.....
Never was an intent to call out forum members, and in fact someone had asked if they could and was of course told "no"

AFAIK, this was the first time something posted was attached to a forum member... and it was actually shared a couple of weeks ago.
My bad then. Mods delete my response if it's out of line

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's all good, dc.

Latest Threads