THR5>Fly3

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needed an amp for upcoming fly in rafting expedition, ordered the fly3. Not impressed at all. My acoustic GS mini Tayler is way louder than that toy. It couldn’t even keep up with my vocals. So off it went, to be replaced by the Yamaha. I need some good clean sounds, the fly didn’t have the goods.

This thing sounds like a real amp. I could sit and play through it at the house regularly without missing much. Has lows, highs, and no bees. I am bringing it, a looper and my CV 50s Tele. It even came with a sweet bag that fits perfectly in a custom dry box I built.

I may be the first guy to drag a tele into the MFS wilderness area?! I’ll post some pictures on location when I return.

danohat

Reaction score
I bought the Katana mini for my cabin trips. I also take a Tele into the wilderness. I think the Katana sounds great for being a tiny practice amp.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Katana mini for my cabin trips. I also take a Tele into the wilderness. I think the Katana sounds great for being a tiny practice amp.
Almost went katana mini, reviews led me to believe the fly had better cleans. The cleans were ok, just really quiet. Everything about the THR is nice. Even the onboard FX, although the reverb is all I’m after. If I was near a katana mini,I’d have tried one out for sure.

Fenders make great woods guitars, cheap, basically covered in plastic dip, durable enough to take a swing at predators and can use as a paddle in a pinch.

Latest Threads