Thoughts on this conversion

mdubya

Reaction score
Commission a documented replica.

A claimed vintage guitar with zero provenance is fool's gold, IMHO.

Merkin

Reaction score
The odd thing is that the chap who has written the description - presumably the seller - seems to think that the conversion was a cowboy job too. Bizarre, really. If he/she doesn't believe in it...

judson

Reaction score
i like the guitar but the price with sketchy backstory kills the value for me...

but maybe i am not schooled enough to know what i am looking at

didnt know who Dick Knight was/is but why not ask Gordon Wells to add his two cents if he remembers this one

Last edited:

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
For 11k I would expect more than 12 bad non illustrative photos and a sketchy description of nothing.

judson

Reaction score
The odd thing is that the chap who has written the description - presumably the seller - seems to think that the conversion was a cowboy job too. Bizarre, really. If he/she doesn't believe in it...
yeah i re-read his description a few times and i agree...sound like he is implying its a replica DK conversion and thats it, nothing more or less

as a " sibling of the husk reference that was mistakenly sold as a real 59"....

so its an overpriced relic ....what did it start out as...a tree? :slap:

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Jesus, the spin in that ad:eek2::eek2:

I mean, essentially what he is saying is that practically nothing is original.......to whatever it was in the first place. And even then its hard to know what that was. There are references to 70's Les pauls with the neck, but with no ser# or correct logo (or even construction) that is a wholly ignorant guess, and wrong anyhow.

Then somehow we have the 'period correct humbucker rings from a 60's goldtop':rofl::rofl::rofl:
There were never humbuckers in goldtops in the (late) 60's

This is a $500 guitar.

Latest Threads