Thoughts on the Donner DP-3 power supply

Filipem

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on a power supply for a pedal board that I'm going to put together. I dont want to spend a lot of money on a pedal board setup and It will be only for home use. Anyone own one of these power supply's? Are they any good and should it do for home use only? If there are better power supplies out there for the same price or close that have a better reputation please feel free to suggest one.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I bought their deluxe tuner. Thing is a real piece of shit. I'm not impressed with Donner and won't buy from them again.

Filipem

Reaction score
I'm always weary about buying something that is priced low I've been burned before but I've also been pleasantly surprised with some cheap buys before as well. That's why is thought I'd pose the question here.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a donner delay pedal and use the donner 5 plug power supply. It works and its quiet. I dig the delay. YMMV.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
I bought their deluxe tuner. Thing is a real piece of shit. I'm not impressed with Donner and won't buy from them again.

I'm suspect of off brands. I would rather spend a bit more to get a brand name to make sure I get a good product. I tried a Beringer and I was really disappointed. It sounded muddy and was cheaply made.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I'm suspect of off brands. I would rather spend a bit more to get a brand name to make sure I get a good product. I tried a Beringer and I was really disappointed. It sounded muddy and was cheaply made.
Yeah, I agree with that. However, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. I have four Joyo Ironman pedals and this they are all excellent. And I have no complaints about my Mooer Skyverb reverb pedal.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with that. However, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. I have four Joyo Ironman pedals and this they are all excellent. And I have no complaints about my Mooer Skyverb reverb pedal.

True.. There are some really good off brands but in the end it's YMMV on all of them. Beringer gets good reviews but I would rather spend more to get say a EHX model or buy a ysed one VIA Reverb. The Grunge pedal I got is great and it was only $33

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
True.. There are some really good off brands but in the end it's YMMV on all of them. Beringer gets good reviews but I would rather spend more to get say a EHX model or buy a ysed one VIA Reverb. The Grunge pedal I got is great and it was only $33
Used DOD are gems, IMO. I have had one chorus pedal, the DOD FX65 and have no need for any other.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I found one on Reverb for about 43 in very good condition.
I luv mine! One thing you might need is a converter dongle for the power supply, if you want to use a One-Spot or BOSS style power supply. DOD use a 1/8" input. I might have a converter piece kicking around. They are easy enough to solder up.

Robert Parker

Reaction score
Back to the OP's question, I have had the Donner power supply for about a year. I've used it in bi-weekly rehearsals and a couple of gigs with no problems. Yeah, I'd probably choose a Voodoo Labs if I was gonna be gigging every week or something, but this one has been fine. It turns on every time and is quiet, even with a Vox StompLab that can be pretty noisy with a daisy chain power supply. I like it enough I'll probably buy a second as a back up.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Back to the OP's question, I have had the Donner power supply for about a year. I've used it in bi-weekly rehearsals and a couple of gigs with no problems. Yeah, I'd probably choose a Voodoo Labs if I was gonna be gigging every week or something, but this one has been fine. It turns on every time and is quiet, even with a Vox StompLab that can be pretty noisy with a daisy chain power supply. I like it enough I'll probably buy a second as a back up.

Good to hear.. I was looking at that.

Latest Threads