Those [email protected]*&king drummers...

TheWelder

Reaction score
The thing about mixing drugs and booze with music/art is that it tends to work out OK at first but then when it stops working it really stops working. And the thing is, it always stops working...usually sooner rather than later.

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it was not working out at the beginning, the alcohol made it seem that way....it was actually sloppier and worse.

All that shit about musiclans saying they play better with alcohol or drugs is just a lie.

ask me how I know......

Zungle

Reaction score
Forget the band stuff. If this guy is your friend, he needs your help, whether he accepts it or not.

Good post...^^^^^^

I guess old age has made me soft.....

If the drummer is as good of friend as you've described, put the band on hold and see if you can get him some help......

Not more rules...real help.

No, you won't be able to save him on your own.....he'll have to save himself,.

Real friends talk to their friends....that could be as easy as some straight up honesty or as difficult as an actual intervention, maybe even a kick in the balls.....

Firing him may make you feel better.........it may even be the correct action.....

But it doesn't help your friend........

If he blows you off ......let him know your a phone call away....

And then move on....

Its all you can do

Last edited:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Luckily, my drummer does not drink too much-except at shows- I try to get him SMASHED so we can CRASH-we never do-but, one can hope. He has MAJOR health problems so I make sure he has HEAVY Med Avocado before+during+after practice. 3/5 of my band is TOTALLY high during all FEZZ jams- Tommy has to drive and he gets paranoid and I must be at 70%- so I stay "loose ,but coherent"- we are a "different" band- I want Dionysus to appear.

In 2007 -2008 I found a young drummer=21-he was there to bring ENERGY----no luck-when he was not NUMB on opiates he was a mini Keith Moon-then one practice he Od'ed-he lived-band died.

We have "visitors" at practice at times only 1 or 2-we are too loud-people stay away.

Alcohol is the WORST drug for creativity. I encourage weed+LSD+X+ hash+pain pills when needed................I want my band "open". Don't do like I do- we are a Philly "Loser" band----------we need to be numb.

KStopper65

Reaction score
Alcohol is the WORST drug for creativity. I encourage weed+LSD+X+ hash+pain pills when needed................I want my band "open". Don't do like I do- we are a Philly "Loser" band----------we need to be numb.
I'm not sure if you're joking or serious

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're joking or serious
LP-serious-like I said- DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME- I grew up with DANGEROUS R+R- I want mayhem- my band would do drugs without me-so- why not create? Philly is WHACKED- heavy partying EVERY day-just the way it is- I do not need any substances to "heighten" my creativity- many do. Hell, I was "COOKED" in '93 when I quit first FEZZBAND-now- I'm almost 55---------yes....much punishment through the years----fly close to flames there are rewards...and danger....

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two drinks is about as far in as I go anymore, and then about one drink an hour after that. Beyond that I get sloppy. I do think there is a mild boost in my playing with a small amount of alcohol due to a reduction in social anxiety, but again it's a fine line to walk.

Sounds like your drummer needs help, though.

-Jay

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
You drive 40 minutes to get to the jam space.
Who pays for this space??

If I'm contributing to the space . . . for the purpose of practicing.

After driving 40 minutes I would not abandon MY space.

I would not have been very polite and you can bet that the situation would have been resolved that night.

If you pussy foot around this type of person, you will achieve nothing. Figure out whos space it and work from there.

Latest Threads