Thor and I are Pleased with new Supro

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Banging ALL day here in Philly 'burbs. HEAVY thunder+lightning+flooding. I hear a LOUD CCCRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------then a knock-Fed Ex ! My new Supro Black Magick amp. I give driver a candy bar and carry the amp inside.

Lovely Art Deco design.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now- I must "sell" Mrs. FEZZ that it is furniture-

FEZZJAMROOM is almost at 90% capacity-must move wicker basket to make room for amp, otherwise out into the FEZZDEN- I "sweeten" her with the Sweetwater candy-they send candy- I don't eat candy--

"Here, new amp is here-eat these."

I give her the bag

She LOVES the amp! She tells me-YES-move wicker basket- AMP CAN STAY IN THE HOUSE! Silvertone 1391 from '58 and new Supro are happy together-love at first feel.

Plug it in-----REAL CLASS A POWER- A bit of a hum-but, I've learned-Amps hum-hiss-spit---charrrrckkklllee and often ffffffaaaarrrtttt then DIE DIE DIE!
I plugged in PUFF PAGE TELE-cracked vol1+2-plug into channel one you get HOT 1+2 jacked-input 2 less robust-for pedal platform

In reality I can't CRANK IT- I have a happy wife+cat- I get REAL response from my guitar vol knob. I go 7+5 volumes+some tube trem-VERY T REX sound.

I then go to input 2 break out RAT pedal- playing at 3 watts? Very pleasing with FEZZBURST with custom @cooljuk Rewind Gary Rossington PAFS. No Quarter sounds fine-RAT makes for a low volume dirt fest. I'm happy. Thor is VERY happy. Supro is only 39.5 lbs one hand suitcase transfer-looks classy- I know when I crank both channels with drummer I will be pleased. I should learn this song-actually, covers are too hard-I'll write my version of it..............................................Play SUPRO BE A GOD OF......................

bad565ss

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Supro. I have the same amp
and it's really good. It doesn't get much use because
I mainly use my Marshalls but when I plug into it I
always like what I hear.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
You rock, Man!
:bowdown

:thumb:

I'm sure that guy was surprised and pleased.
Spread the Love through unexpected presents.
You're a generous loving Man!
Bobby,give always.I have been given the keys to the KINGDOM,spread the LOVE,I tell everybody I love them,makes for funny "pauses".
I order pizza,
"Ok pick it up in 20."
"Thanks, love you."
".......ummmmm ....you too...
Quite a dickensian saga.
EXPLR,that is what I'm going for=literary R+R prose.
Congrats on the new Supro. I have the same amp
and it's really good. It doesn't get much use because
I mainly use my Marshalls but when I plug into it I
always like what I hear.
bad,believe it or not I have never owned a MARSHALL, I love the sound of Jcms and plexis,but,I prefer combos.Saturday I crank up the Supro with my band,can't wait.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yea, and you reach a point in life where hauling a head and 4x4 cab to gigs is just fucking stupid

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Yea, and you reach a point in life where hauling a head and 4x4 cab to gigs is just fucking stupid
Steve,weight is a HUGE factor, I often have to lug my amp 100 yards or more,I'm in shape,why? Because I know my body is more on Death's side,MRS.FEZZ has my head "right",no more suffering.

Also,I like DESTROYING other bands who are using half and whole stacks...my tubes are cooking,theirs are piss warm.....just me and my little combo....I'm buying a lunchbox zt amp 100 watts w/verb run stereo

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Steve,weight is a HUGE factor, I often have to lug my amp 100 yards or more,I'm in shape,why? Because I know my body is more on Death's side,MRS.FEZZ has my head "right",no more suffering.

Also,I like DESTROYING other bands who are using half and whole stacks...my tubes are cooking,theirs are piss warm.....just me and my little combo....I'm buying a lunchbox zt amp 100 watts w/verb run stereo
We used to rehearse in a barn that was out in the back of a farmhouse. It was a great space. But, the walk from the car was about 200+ yards, through the grass field. Imagine how much fun that was in the dead of winter, or the heat of summer - hauling gear. For some reason, it always seemed to rain on practice days, too. FML

I finally ended up just leaving an old amp there, so I only had to carry a guitar and pedalboard.

That was the "aha moment" for me! Less == More.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used to rehearse in a barn that was out in the back of a farmhouse. It was a great space.
We had something similar. An old abandoned 2 story house on the farm. Practice space was upstairs. We just padlocked the place and took our chances on the stuff staying safe but that was back in the 70's. That old house was a haven for music, sex and partying materials.

Latest Threads