This weekends camping trip.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What an awesome camping trip! My cousin Mark took me camping and fishing at his hunt club. We set up our tents by the pond. Mark is an expert outdoorsman and taught me a lot or new stuff. He caught a few fish, I didnt catch any lol, but I had an awesome time regardless. This morning Mark fried us up a good breakfast. We had hot dogs the night before. We got rained on right before we were getting ready to lay down in our tents last night, we both have rain covers so it wasnt a big deal. This morning we did a little shooting. He brought his 357 and his AR15. That was a lot of fun!

Screenshot_20190811-135057_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-135100_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-135103_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-135107_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-135110_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-135113_Facebook.jpg

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One thing that I need to figure out is getting my tent packed down and tight. I attach it to the bottom of my backpack, but the storage bag is tinny. It's near impossible to get the tent folded/rolled up to fit in the bag it came with, its actually the tent and the rain cover... I'm thinking about using a pillow case and bungy cords to pack it down into a roll that's not too much bigger than it is in its storage bag. I'll still be able to fasten it to the bottom of my backpack.

gadafi

Reaction score
Got right into camping a decade ago, bought new camping clothes, boots, tent, inflatable double mattress, sleeping bag, cooking stuff....the works.

First night in the bush took 2 hours to put up 3 man tent due to instructions written in martian and the pictures resembling bad origami. What the hell happened to 2 poles and 6 pegs like when I was a kid? This thing was like a science experiment gone wrong. Well after dark I finally get tent to something resembling the origami picture, spend another 20 minutes on the foot pump blowing the bed up and, can't find the plug. Think some varmint stole it, looked everywhere it just disappeared. Scrounged around with torch for a substitute plug and found a manky old cork which I had to shape with my new bowie knife to get it to fit in the bunghole. By this time the bed had gone down again. 45 minutes later bed was inflated and in the tent sporting my swanky new sleeping bag on top. Starving - Time for dinner! I had bought a couple of trout from the fish monger on the way up especially to cook in my shiny new stainless steel smoker box, can't wait. Light smoker and it explodes, trout bits and flaming wood chips flying everywhere. After putting out the small scrub fire with my new boots and survival water I figured I should have read the instructions which were now about 15 feet away and also on fire. Put out the instructions with the last of my survival water and settle for a cold can of baked beans. Decide to cut my losses and call it a night in my swanky new tent, tomorrow's another day! Wake up in the middle of the night on hard lumpy ground freezing with sore back and aching kidney's from the ice cold earth. Cork not such a good idea, bed completely deflated. Manage to fall asleep in fetal position after an hour shivering and wake up in the morning to another varmint pissing on the tent, directly above my head. Packed up, drove home, sold gear.

I am very happy that you are enjoying camping Mr Bling.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My tent is super easy to set up. Lay it flat on the ground. Run two rods in an X shape and click the tent to the rods and done. Takes me 3 minutes. The rain cover just throws over top or the tent and has clickers that snap on each 4 corners to hold it in place.

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes it's nice to just get away from everything and decompress.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes it's nice to just get away from everything and decompress.
I feel recharged after an overnighter. I have some vacation days at work that I need to use by the end of the year. I might do an extended camping trip.

Neffco

Reaction score
I’m going on a three day 4 night spontaneous rafting adventure deep in the Idaho wilderness tomorrow. Fishing should be incredible. Usually the river is too low now but this year it’s at historic highs for now.

Rattlesnakes should be thick as well. I’ll be bringing my snake taming device.

Neffco

Reaction score
One of the best river adventures I’ve ever done. Saw three bears, no snakes, caught over 200 fish, shattered an oar and blade, ran 5, class llll rapids and countless class lll’s all in three days. It was very hard work but worth every minute.
92255A22-6BF2-41AA-8F5E-2C54BA572EB9.jpeg
898302D2-BDA7-4805-A1E7-DC930B90B3FD.jpeg
948E0772-7AD6-4E11-9A7D-0DCB99434030.jpeg