This is the kind of shit you get when you unwittingly order something from China..

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lord, pics of home. It's bad enough IRL. Now it's on MLP.

Well, we're moving to Sonora, CA anyway.

The desert is.. "tiring".
You can't move.

Aside from we'll miss you down here, "Sonora Star Guitars" doesn't have the same ring to it.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You can't move.

Aside from we'll miss you down here, "Sonora Star Guitars" doesn't have the same ring to it.
I'll keep the name. It's what I built my rep on.

cjpeck

Reaction score
I'd rather give along with a build purchase swag like a coffee mug or stickers or such than a crappy-ass cupcake.
I know you didn't ask, and I certainly don't have a guitar on order with Desert Star, and am not likely to be able to afford one anytime soon though if I were ever in the market for another guitar I'd be looking at Desert Star along with a few other small builders. Anyways, if/when I look into a build from someone, swag isn't going to matter one damned bit. I'd probably just toss anything that couldn't sit in the case without clogging up whatever room there is in there. If I get good communication and a rock solid instrument I'm going to be a happy camper. Swag is going to be wasted money on the builder's end for me.

And yeah, someone who knows what fiesta red really is goes right to the top of the list. You got templates for a jazzmaster, right?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask, and I certainly don't have a guitar on order with Desert Star, and am not likely to be able to afford one anytime soon though if I were ever in the market for another guitar I'd be looking at Desert Star along with a few other small builders. Anyways, if/when I look into a build from someone, swag isn't going to matter one damned bit. I'd probably just toss anything that couldn't sit in the case without clogging up whatever room there is in there. If I get good communication and a rock solid instrument I'm going to be a happy camper. Swag is going to be wasted money on the builder's end for me.

And yeah, someone who knows what fiesta red really is goes right to the top of the list. You got templates for a jazzmaster, right?
Good news for youz.

I'm soon to introduce a lower-cost line. A DSG Apache model (much like a jr with high quality parts and construction) for under $1000.

Same DSG attention to detail, same DSG finish. And it comes with a one-piece Honduran mahogany neck, and a Lindy Fralin P-90.

That's right. A luthier-built, custom order (your choice of neck carve, fret wire and finish) guitar for under a grand.

Deal of the decade.

But if you were to order a Jazzmaster, I would get templates for that. They are readily available.

But if you don't want a coffee mug or a T-shirt, there are plenty of campers I can make happy such swag, as I've been asked a-plenty for it. You don't get no damn mug or shirt.

I'm giving yours to @ehb.

So there.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
giving your mug to edro.

man, that's just gotta sting.

:laugh2:

But see, if you had a DSG shirt, you could wear it on your next rant video!

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Good news for youz.

I'm soon to introduce a lower-cost line. A DSG Apache model (much like a jr with high quality parts and construction) for under $1000.

Same DSG attention to detail, same DSG finish. And it comes with a one-piece Honduran mahogany neck, and a Lindy Fralin P-90.

That's right. A luthier-built, custom order (your choice of neck carve, fret wire and finish) guitar for under a grand.

Deal of the decade.

But if you were to order a Jazzmaster, I would get templates for that. They are readily available.

But if you don't want a coffee mug or a T-shirt, there are plenty of campers I can make happy such swag, as I've been asked a-plenty for it. You don't get no damn mug or shirt.

I'm giving yours to @ehb.

So there.
I really hate that announcement as I am now cut off from new guitars. But maybe...

rogue3

Reaction score
In the past 4 years,i ordered 2 things directly from china...from mrs liang's home, her guitar effects workshop deep in hunan province,a phaser and a chorus...both items took 12 weeks to arrive, from the online order.Shipping was painfully slow.But when they did finally arrive,they sound incredible.And the price was obscenely cheap.

add: and i did not get hit with any kind of import duty.go figure that.

cjpeck

Reaction score
giving your mug to edro.

man, that's just gotta sting.

:laugh2:

But see, if you had a DSG shirt, you could wear it on your next rant video!

Giving a coffee cup to someone else? Nah, that doesn't sting. It's only smart to not send a mug to someone who's gonna take it to the secondhand shop and send it to someone who will actually use it. On the contrary, thanks for not giving me yet another errand to run!

gonna be a while before there's any videos. My camera is jacked up.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Giving a coffee cup to someone else? Nah, that doesn't sting. It's only smart to not send a mug to someone who's gonna take it to the secondhand shop and send it to someone who will actually use it. On the contrary, thanks for not giving me yet another errand to run!

gonna be a while before there's any videos. My camera is jacked up.
Boy, you're just no fun any more, aren't 'cha?

It's a joke, son.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In the past 4 years,i ordered 2 things directly from china...from mrs liang's home, her guitar effects workshop deep in hunan province,a phaser and a chorus...both items took 12 weeks to arrive, from the online order.Shipping was painfully slow.But when they did finally arrive,they sound incredible.And the price was obscenely cheap.

add: and i did not get hit with any kind of import duty.go figure that.
12 weeks is an entire season. Jeez..

Latest Threads