This is the kind of shit you get when you unwittingly order something from China..

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You should get a 3D printer, Dave.
Cut all those asshats right out of the picture.
You could make all your own guards, backplates, toggle switches, knobs, etc.
Maybe even nut blanks?
I don't know about that last one though, I have no idea what that material would be like for a nut.

You could even work out a program that would etch your logo into the back plate or truss cover or something.

I've never used a 3D printer, but these are all things that I've been led to believe you could do if you had one.

I'd like to get a printer that does metallic ink. Make some bad-ass decals.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My son is really into Thomas the Train, and some of those little trains command triple-digit prices due to rarity and collectibility. There was one he really wanted, and I found an obviously fake Chinese knock-off on Ebay - for 99 cents! I ordered it, and it arrived in Vermont, from China, in three days. It boggled my mind how they could get something from there to here, so quickly and cheaply, and make any money whatsoever off it.

scott1970

Reaction score
Last year my wife ordered some kitchen gadget from China, and we found a package of unmarked seeds inside the box. Strangeness.

Zungle

Reaction score
You beat me to it! Our USPS has become an embarrassment. It fucking awful.

I always refuse to accept online delivery from USPS, I insist on UPS of FED-X - with no last mile delivery by USPS. If they won't do it, I buy elsewhere.
This has been my feeling and approach for the last 20 years.......

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I ordered one from Warmoth for another build, at a pricey $48.00. +shipping.

Somewhere there has to be a happy medium.
Source the stock, cut your own,

Deftone

Reaction score
This Apache guitar line of ours is a platform that goes from a basics "jr" model for under $1000, to a full-tilt, top-drawer showpiece.
Where can I find more information on this Apache Guitar line? Are there pics of past builds? Options available? Please & Thank you.

lancpudn

Reaction score
It's got expensive buying things from China for the UK, since we're not part of the EU any more p+p charges have gone through the roof, They have dedicated warehouses in Germany,France & Russia but when you click on the link to deliver to the UK it says 'unable to deliver to the UK' They don't want the aggro of Brexit red tape, the last time I looked at buying something off Aliexpress they wanted £40 / $55.81 P+P.

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This year USPS has lost 2 packages.

I ordered screws from stewmac.

USPS tracking said they are waiting for the package and only a label was created.
After a couple weeks i let Stewmac know.
They ship another package.
3 days after the second pack got to me the original wayward one shows up. :dunno:

Then I ordered a part for my car and same s#!+ happened. Ordered on the 22rd. “Only a label was created” in the tracking. :doh:

Luckily it popped up in my local distributor and ill get it today.

I had no idea upper management changed (MLP News FTW)

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ironically, when I got out of the shower this morning, my wife was on the phone with The Gap. It seems that DeJoy and his band of misfits lost her order. The lady from the gap kept telling her that she needed to deal with USPS. There was nothing that they can do to help.

My wife, doing her best Karen imitation, politely requested to speak with "the manager". When he came on the phone, she explained to him that The Gap had 2 options: 1) refund her purchase charge immediately, or 2) she was calling the credit card company and declining the charges.

The manager insta-refunded her card, and he agreed to FED-X her a new pair of jeans at no cost. He told her that the next time she orders, choose FED-X for shipping and the code FREESHP. He said that USPS has "misplaced/delayed" almost 35% of orders in 2021. Customers are calling every day.

She asked, why don't you just stop using USPS? His reply? "Above my pay grade" LOL

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I'm a runner and often run at night. An unfortunate(?) spelling mistake had me type 'fleshlight' and it took a few seconds before I realised what I was looking at on my screen

Anyhow, I ended up ordering both a flashlight and a fleshlight and I have no complaints about either

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Sounds like the same company that does tracking is also the same company that writes directions on how to build that bookcase that came from China.
Yeah dealt with that crap when a lot of stuff started coming from Japan
and then China.

The term 'Lost in Translation' is a misnomer.
It was never translated well enough in the first place
so how the hell can it be 'lost in translation'.

In South Korea, traveling around their peninsula I didn't
see many signs in English. The only one I saw was one that
had an arrow pointing left and said, "The way of the carriage".

I believe it was pointing to a ramp for parents and
baby carriages. That was in 2010.

larryguitar

Reaction score
My recent Stew-Mac order left Ohio two days ago, got to the Chicago hub yesterday (we're in the suburbs), and made it to Des Moines today. I'm assuming it was traveling to fast to actually stop?

Larry

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Checked again this morning.

Seems the aircraft is still "in port". No updates beyond April 19th.

Pilot must be having the time of his life.

I'm going to order another guard for ten bucks more from someone in the US.

Who wants to set a wager that it gets here sooner than what the "party pilot" from China can deliver?

Remember, this was ordered on the 9th of April.

Latest Threads