This is the kind of shit you get when you unwittingly order something from China..

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
View attachment 534576

@LtDave32 , be careful what you include in your screenshot. Some nerd like @Kamen_Kaiju will lift the URL and start stalking you.
two different tracking numbers Mr. Attention-to-detail!! :run:

I posted mine. If someone wants to track my puzzle cube have at it. :laugh2: IDGAF

thrill in the joy that one day it might say 'out for delivery'

BKS

Reaction score
My last 9 orders from China all arrived within 10 days. Including an aliexpress set of epiphone buckers. They are learning haha some of them anyway. At least they keep you informed of every inch it creeps up to you :laugh2:

Reactions: Who

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I sent a letter from NC to VA in December. It took A MONTH!

IN that same time I ordered several things posted from China. They all arrived before that darn letter got through.
You beat me to it! Our USPS has become an embarrassment. It fucking awful.

My "letter carrier" * tells me that so many people along his delivery route are pissed off at him, because their mail is late/lost/delayed/missing. He tries to tell them that the problem is at the top of the heap, not where the letter-meets-the-box. He says that the new guy running the circus, who has ZERO experience in logistics, has fucked the system up worse than it has ever been.

And, he says, there is no end to the incompetence in sight. It's only going to get worse.

I always refuse to accept online delivery from USPS, I insist on UPS of FED-X - with no last mile delivery by USPS. If they won't do it, I buy elsewhere.

*(he and I always enjoy a laugh, reminiscing back to the times when you could call them "mailmen", without getting a kick in the c*nt for it)

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bought Chinese goods from the US through Amazon, and I usually have any Amazon orders in a few days.
The Joyo amp I bought last year was 1 - coming from China and 2 - was ordered right before the shit show started in March last year. 7 months delivery.

If I buy any Fender parts, I get them from a US seller via Amazon. It's no point ordering Fender parts through L&M because Fender is extremely slow shipping parts to Canada. It has been that way for a long time. I got my black Bakelite Tele pick guard from a US seller and Amazon had it here in a week. The Fender amp cover I ordered from L&M a month or more ago, I have no idea when I'll get it.

The Fender WRHB pickup I bought a few days ago from another CDN seller will be here Mon. by Canada Post
The (certainly Chinese) amp coming from California should be here by next weekend by UPS (I can hardly wait to see what the bogus charges are.)

I have learned to adapt to shipping peculiarities or just suck it up.

LP121

Reaction score
You beat me to it! Our USPS has become an embarrassment. It fucking awful.

My "letter carrier" * tells me that so many people along his delivery route are pissed off at him, because their mail is late/lost/delayed/missing. He tries to tell them that the problem is at the top of the heap, not where the letter-meets-the-box. He says that the new guy running the circus, who has ZERO experience in logistics, has fucked the system up worse than it has ever been.

And, he says, there is no end to the incompetence in sight. It's only going to get worse.

I always refuse to accept online delivery from USPS, I insist on UPS of FED-X - with no last mile delivery by USPS. If they won't do it, I buy elsewhere.

*(he and I always enjoy a laugh, reminiscing back to the times when you could call them "mailmen", without getting a kick in the c*nt for it)
It's the same here. All of the *Letter Carriers* here are part time. There's a lot of turnover.

Most of them have no idea where the houses are. We've had our mail delivered to every house on the street but ours. All the neighbors have the same problem.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We bought some KN95's from China and they arrived in exactly 11 days. The last mile was from DHL.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's the same here. All of the *Letter Carriers* here are part time. There's a lot of turnover.

Most of them have no idea where the houses are. We've had our mail delivered to every house on the street but ours. All the neighbors have the same problem.
My dude has been our mailman (yea, I said it, bitches) for years & years... I run in the mornings, and sometimes I see him in other 'hoods. He'll flash his lights and flag me down to tell me that the latest issue of Guns & Ammo is being delivered today, or ask me what I bought cool from Midway, or Brownells.

Great guy, like him a lot.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sucks that they’re the only source for some things, those are funny updates :lol:

sonar1

Reaction score
And the ever popular, “We are all have your base!”

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd say cut yer own but the material costs added to the man hours suck up the samolians all the same.
I'm not going to presume to know parts sources more than a guy that builds guitars for a living and toss suggestions in a serious way. Hell, guitar fetish is cheap, but I'm betting even odds that stuff's going to ship from China too.
Sometimes I do.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you're not cutting your own guards. Buy/make a template, buy sheet stock and you're rolling. Quick and easy, and you get to make your guards out of whatever material you want.

Larry
Sometimes I do cut my own guards.

But on this one, I didn't. I wanted a manufactured guard to figure out some routing under it, and the template set I have doesn't have this particular guard. It's got a template for the 4-pot guard.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
View attachment 534576

@LtDave32 , be careful what you include in your screenshot. Some nerd like @Kamen_Kaiju will lift the URL and start stalking you.
The ol' paranoia creeping in, eh?

My life's an open book. I don't really care if anyone is going to stalk me. They need to be careful what they wish for.

CB's been out to my house. I'm sure he didn't find anything worth writing about. :laugh2:

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came up with a way to solve Dave's difficulties. No pickguard. I demand a discount.

On a serious note, I'm fucked if I know how he's going to achieve it. I just know he will.

Latest Threads