This is Slash's Les Paul(s)

tzd

Reaction score
This is what Slash is currently using. He rotates between two identical looking ones during the show. The burst is beautiful! From where I was standing the burst looks lighter than in the pictures. Only the top part of the guitar (standing upright) appeared dark and the rest of the body is light. Any idea what model it is?

Attachments

• P1130727.jpg
    P1130727.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 856
  • P1130759.jpg
    P1130759.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 891

stinkfoot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
is it me or is it because of the angle but doesn't the second pic look like it's a flat top?

definitely has a three, maybe four piece top..

Slick

Reaction score

renzo_lao

Reaction score

That's probably the other one that he ordered along with this plain top one. I remember in an interview he said he called Gibson up saying he's Slash from GN'R and he needed 2 Les Pauls for a tour i think? Then Gibson of course didn't know him yet so they were like "Who?". But he managed to get 2 standards that he later on used. I also remember him saying he wanted the finish to look worn so he had it refinished to have the more faded looking finish on the 3 piece plain top? Correct me if I'm wrong :thumb:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tv/m..._les_paul_standard_vintage_original_spec.html

Slick

Reaction score
That's probably the other one that he ordered along with this plain top one. I remember in an interview he said he called Gibson up saying he's Slash from GN'R and he needed 2 Les Pauls for a tour i think? Then Gibson of course didn't know him yet so they were like "Who?". But he managed to get 2 standards that he later on used. I also remember him saying he wanted the finish to look worn hence the more faded looking finish on the 3 piece plain top? Correct me if I'm wrong :thumb:

I think you're right, in his book he says he bought the two B stock 3 piece top LPs at trade price. If one is out there for sale there is no saying he hasnt still got the other one. :thumb:

renzo_lao

Reaction score
I think you're right, in his book he says he bought the two B stock 3 piece top LPs at trade price. If one is out there for sale there is no saying he hasnt still got the other one. :thumb:

Probably locked up along with his Derrig? :laugh2:

Bubbletonic

Reaction score
It's one of these
260264174341-3.jpg

It's a Slash inspired by VOS. A copy of one of his Guns N' Roses touring guitars. The one in the pictures posted in the OP is also a VOS and not an aged version or the original.

Ace1994

Reaction score
live he uses 2 Slash plaintop VOS, a custom shop AFD aged, one not aged, and a USA model AFD. he has been using the plaintops more as of lately, because as he put it, his guitars are being "tempermental bitches"

tzd

Reaction score
It's one of these
260264174341-3.jpg

It's a Slash inspired by VOS. A copy of one of his Guns N' Roses touring guitars. The one in the pictures posted in the OP is also a VOS and not an aged version or the original.

Yes this is exactly it! And like I said, he rotates between two identical looking ones on stage, so pretty sure it's not an original.

excessive81

Reaction score
ya i noticed the same thing in columbus this weekend, on the new cd dvd and the new york live internet consert last night. he has new rotation of guitars. two plain tops and a aged afd is what i have seen. he posted pics of a curly maple afd looking custom shop guitar a while back but dont believe he used it in either show.
by the way the live new york internet show was killer last night

here some clips

Slash Live from New York: "Apocalyptic Love" Album Release Show on the New Livestream. Live. Redefined.

skysmash

Reaction score
I've also seen him use an AFD with a floyd rose on it? Not entirely relevant but sorta interesting.

tzd

Reaction score
ya i noticed the same thing in columbus this weekend, on the new cd dvd and the new york live internet consert last night. he has new rotation of guitars. two plain tops and a aged afd is what i have seen. he posted pics of a curly maple afd looking custom shop guitar a while back but dont believe he used it in either show.
by the way the live new york internet show was killer last night

here some clips

Slash Live from New York: "Apocalyptic Love" Album Release Show on the New Livestream. Live. Redefined.

Thanks man, it's so great to be able to relive last night's show! Did you see him use the AFD last night? I did not notice it.

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man this band should be instrumental. Myles Kennedy blows......real hard. But the tunes are good. I guess instumental music doesn't really sell but still. F'n Alter Bridge, are you kidding me? New album is decent though for sure.

The Refugee

Reaction score
I really like his guitars. I'm not obsessed with him as a player, nor do I urge to have his tone, but I really like some of the lesters he uses. Especially this one I wouldn't mind making a replica of:

2qb7zte.jpg

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
I was going to see Slash last week and ended up not being able to go, it was a real bummer! And I don't think I've ever seen that ebony with the black hardware.:hmm:

Latest Threads