This has to be a fake..right?

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
Yeah I read that too, and was like, he really had to ask? :shock: :laugh2:

It's a great guitar if you like junk and the smell of rice. It'll never come out of that case.

HEADKNOCKER

Banned
Reaction score
That's a NICE looking piece of firewood there.. HaHa!!
For $750 I'd just buy a really nice REAL Gibson Studio..

I flag crap like that every day..

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
They should at least start taking those dumbass stickers off of the control cavity.

Or not.........once I see those I don't even have to look at anything else.

Fake.

If I ever get a Custom, I'm gonna print out the image of one of those stickers and slap it on the control cover. Take a picture and post it here with the question, "I just paid two grand for this, what do y'all think?"

And sit back, munch popcorn, and enjoy the show. See how many members get banned as a result of the thread. (Hell, it might be me who gets banned! :shock:)

Fritz44

Reaction score
Soopah Res Praul You likey long time cherry broy

SRXy

Reaction score
Yeah, he seems pretty open about the fact that it's a copy, but he doesn't say it's a fake. For me, a copy has the builder's name on it, it doesn't have Gibson on the headstock.

You all are superior detectives for sure. I didn't believe it was a fake until I read this in the ad: "I'm selling this COPY of a beautiful Gibson Les Paul Silverburst 50th Anniversary guitar."

Now having had my snark, I'm assuming the ad was altered to clarify it was a copy after you all started digging into it?

jeffdemann

Reaction score
Now having had my snark said:
Wow Captain obvious here. Yes he changed the ad after I called him out on trying to sell it as if he did not know what he had. Thanks for adding your great insight to this thread. It's always good entertainment.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I got a reply back. Here's what he had to say.

Here are some close up shots of what you requested.

Also, just to be clear, this is a Chinese copy my Godfather had, not an original Gibson.
Hard to tell the difference though.
I had a couple of my Les Paul friends look at it and they couldn't tell.

Recently, the US has cracked down on imports and getting a Chinese one through is very difficult. It takes a long time and there's a chance it could get confiscated.

This is for someone who CAN't afford a real one, but wants one that is beautiful and sounds great. Comes with a separate set of high-power pickups as well.

Bird in hand is what I'm saying :)
John

He's an idiot.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
If I ever get a Custom, I'm gonna print out the image of one of those stickers and slap it on the control cover. Take a picture and post it here with the question, "I just paid two grand for this, what do y'all think?"

And sit back, munch popcorn, and enjoy the show. See how many members get banned as a result of the thread. (Hell, it might be me who gets banned! :shock:)

That sticker is hardly the only thing we go by.

Bountyhunter

Reaction score

Most of the guys here would know better. Say what you want, but some of these folks got their shyt together. :slash:

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
Wow Captain obvious here. Yes he changed the ad after I called him out on trying to sell it as if he did not know what he had. Thanks for adding your great insight to this thread. It's always good entertainment.

Damn, dude, I think he was just asking a question. Didn't seem he was trying to be a dick, just busting balls a little. :dunno:

Latest Threads