This has to be a fake..right?

BrianB

Reaction score
As soon as I saw the sticker on the back and the serial number... LOL

Diamond is too small, headstock shape wrong...bla bla bla.

Waaay fake.

Meatwad

Reaction score
They should at least start taking those dumbass stickers off of the control cavity.

Or not.........once I see those I don't even have to look at anything else.

Fake.

jeffdemann

Reaction score
I thought it was a fake because of the sticker and the horn looked off but I always like to ask.

BACzero

Reaction score
Did they make a 50th anniversary Silverburst Custom? I bought a new Silverburst Custom earlier this year, and the pics of the guitar look just like mine. I don't see anything that screams fake from the pics. Not sure about the case... mine came in the brown leather case with pink lining, not the black Gibson USA case. Here's a pic of mine for comparison if that helps at all... If this is legit, someone's going to score BIG time. ;)

Attachments

• GLP.jpg
    GLP.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 54

colchar

Banned
Reaction score

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Did they make a 50th anniversary Silverburst Custom? I bought a new Silverburst Custom earlier this year, and the pics of the guitar look just like mine. I don't see anything that screams fake from the pics.

There are several things in the pics that scream fake. Seriously, just look at it again.

Btayache

Reaction score
It is a very overpriced fake. Make him drop the price substantially and buy it for experimenting/modding the crap out of it + an extra hardcase never hurts

gitmohair

Reaction score
There are several things in the pics that scream fake. Seriously, just look at it again.

The more you look the more they're obvious, but the slightly dicey b&w pictures work a treat from the seller's perspective :/

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
The more you look the more they're obvious, but the slightly dicey b&w pictures work a treat from the seller's perspective :/

Not when they have that sticker on the cavity cover or when the horn is so badly misshapen that the guitar doesn't fit into the case properly.

RedNeck

Reaction score
The headstock looks about as funky as George Clinton after a shower protest..

brianbzed

Reaction score
nobody in there right mind sells an authentic LP Custom that cheap...... stolen or fake???:lol::dude::slash:

jeffdemann

Reaction score
I got a reply back. Here's what he had to say.

Here are some close up shots of what you requested.

Also, just to be clear, this is a Chinese copy my Godfather had, not an original Gibson.
Hard to tell the difference though.
I had a couple of my Les Paul friends look at it and they couldn't tell.

Recently, the US has cracked down on imports and getting a Chinese one through is very difficult. It takes a long time and there's a chance it could get confiscated.

This is for someone who CAN't afford a real one, but wants one that is beautiful and sounds great. Comes with a separate set of high-power pickups as well.

Bird in hand is what I'm saying :)
John

Fritz44

Reaction score
Hmmm bird in hand ? I'm going to have to remember that one. Here's another...A Sucker's cash in his pocket ;)

Platte City Paul

Reaction score
You all are superior detectives for sure. I didn't believe it was a fake until I read this in the ad: "I'm selling this COPY of a beautiful Gibson Les Paul Silverburst 50th Anniversary guitar."

Now having had my snark, I'm assuming the ad was altered to clarify it was a copy after you all started digging into it?

Latest Threads