This Epiphone is kicking my butt!

skydog

Reaction score
It's a ‘96 Trans Amber Les Paul. I bought a wiring upgrade kit and went with the short shaft pots as this is pretty much the standard. Of course all the holes had to be reamed out, no big deal. The short shaft pots barely clear the top, so little that I can't get a washer on them, only the nuts. The biggest headache is getting the switch to sit right. The top is so dished here (see pic) it's hard to get the recessed nut to sit down tight. The pots are CTS, the switch is a switchcraft as is the jack. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I have a thicker top that is quite dished. From now on I will order long shafts and double nut everything!
C5ED0340-07D1-40A3-953F-7485F971AE23.jpeg

DrBGood

Reaction score
It's a ‘96 Trans Amber Les Paul. I bought a wiring upgrade kit and went with the short shaft pots as this is pretty much the standard.
You live you learn. Short shaft are pretty much standard when pots are mounted on plastic. I bet you have a Fenderish background :)

skydog

Reaction score
You live you learn. Short shaft are pretty much standard when pots are mounted on plastic. I bet you have a Fenderish background :)
Not necessarily…all LP's untill 1977 and all Historics use(d) short shaft pots. I should have checked instead of relying on my memory!

Last edited:

DrBGood

Reaction score
Not necessarily…all LP's untill 1977 and all Historics use(d) short shaft pots. I should have checked instead of relying on my memory!
Maybe ... I should have specified on Asian guitars.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Talk to your LP about social distancing and how butt kicking is un-pc and inappropriate during these plague like times-glad ya got it figured out.

Latest Threads