This Epi is calling me:

Bluesky

Reaction score
EPIPHONE RIVIERA CUSTOM P93- WINE RED

“The Epiphone Riviera Custom P93 is modeled after one of Epiphone’s most enduring classics, the Riviera and features three P-90 pickups, gold hardware, and a Bigsby® B700.”

Wine Red, Laminated Maple top and body, Bound 12” radius Pau Ferro fingerboard with the Pearloid Parallelogram inlays and medium jumbo frets on a slim taper “D” shaped Mahogany neck, 24.75” scale length, 1.68″ (42.67mm) nut width, Epiphone “Dogear” Alnico V P-90 pickups with 3 way switching and 3 independent volume controls and master tone control, LockTone tune-o-matic bridge and Bigsby B700 tailpiece, Wilkinson 14:1 ratio vintage style tuners, 8.8 Pounds,

Only thing..........how does a semi Hollow weigh in at almost 9 pds?

Shes a beauty though:

I need this like I need a hole in the head............But damn thats alot of guitar for the $$$$$$

Roxy13

Reaction score
I just traded an Agile SG that was given to me for an Ibanez AS 73 last night and this Ibby is surprisingly heavy! I have to weigh it today because it surprised me. And no Bigsby on this one.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just traded an Agile SG that was given to me for an Ibanez AS 73 last night and this Ibby is surprisingly heavy! I have to weigh it today because it surprised me. And no Bigsby on this one.
My Sheraton surprised me as well.
That's a big chunk of mahogany in there.

questionman

Reaction score
I had one of these for a couple years. Cool guitar but I didnt bond with the neck profile - too flat on the back for me - the middle P90 got in the way a lot and wasnt crazy about how it was wired - 3 vol with 1 tone. I change my tone way too often for there to only be 1. It was heavy though, close to 10lbs. Played and sounded fantastic for the money

moreles

Reaction score
I had a similar Epi a while back and it was finished as though someone just dipped it in a vat of liquid plastic. Totally ruined the feel of playing the thing. I felt like a toy. I know the more recent LPs are no longer gooped up like that, but I would try to check before purchasing to be sure. Also, if you like Bigsbys, great. If you don't use one much, I would suggest avoiding a Bigsby-equipped guitar at all costs. IMO, that trem is abominable and the guitar is and looks better without it -- unless you need that sound. Other than Brian Setzer, the list of players who use a Bigsby beautifully is pretty short.

GRASS

Reaction score
I had one of these and regret selling it.

Fantastic Guitar and I will get another one.

archtopmaker

Reaction score
My brother has a Dot with a B7 and a vibramate, that thing probably weights 12 pounds. SIGNIFICANTLY more than my Les Paul Traditional, which isn't a light guitar.

I've been on the hunt for an 80's Ibanez AS200, which is a semi-hollow very similar to a 355, and they weigh upwards of 9 pounds pretty regularly, and that's without a Bigsby. Semi-hollows are heavy sometimes!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I tried out one of those, without the trem, a few years back. On the one I played the P90 buzz and the feedback were louder than the notes played, and couldn’t be controlled by a noise gate. I hope those things have been corrected by Epi, but I would check for these issues before pulling the trigger.

Latest Threads