Thinline Tele-something

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
very nice. love the mods to the original, as one of the most detestable things about a tele is the headstock design. sounds great.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
A Ric toaster at the neck!

oman

Reaction score
It´s a Stew-Mac Parsons Street P90 and a chinese toaster-copy in the neck position

valvetoneman

Reaction score
I built a set neck tele but it was never as good as my special, I have just built a thinline that I really like and I never really like f style builds before but I'm building more of them, jazzmaster is coming

Nice guitar like that trem, my friend made a jazz tele that was superb

moreles

Reaction score
Well, clearly you like Teles more than the OP suggests, because yiyr nuce custom guitar is about 95% Tele, with the changes being minor tweaks. The headstock is an inverted. tweaked Strat head. I like your guitar -- for the same reason I like Teles, which it largely emulates.

pshupe

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's no Strat head stock. If anything it closely resembles a Firebird head stock but with 3 per side offset tuners. Very nice touch. I guess that's why it's in the name! ;-)

Cheers Peter.

oman

Reaction score
That's no Strat head stock. If anything it closely resembles a Firebird head stock but with 3 per side offset tuners. Very nice touch. I guess that's why it's in the name! ;-)

Cheers Peter.
Yes, it´s based on a firebird head

oman

Reaction score
I have not built guitars in ten years. Too much to do at work (I used to work at a wharf building sailing yachts)
It was a friend who got me started again. He wanted me to help him build a Tele bass.
So I thought, we build them together. I show him how it´s done and he can learn.
We had a good time, always with a beer in our hands.

Body: one-piece mahogany
Neck: mahogany
Top: Wenge
Fretboard: Rosewood
Pickups: StewMac Parsons Street P90, Chinese Toaster copy
Bridge: Schaller roller bridge
Jazzmaster vibrato (probably chinese)
All the wood comes from my job, except the fretboard
teles.jpg

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
even though that wasn't a real beer you were drinking, since it wasn't a coors, it seems as though ya'll did indeed have fun. that's really what it's all about. and now you each have a guitar that will spring memories of the builds everytime ya'll play. i like that. well done

SlingBlader

Reaction score
This is how I did the eyes (Keep in mind that when my friend and I built these, we always had a beer in hand)
We laughed a lot, I might add
No way! I looked right past the eyes in your other posts! Really cool touch.

Latest Threads