Things in life you never knew until someone told you.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew of the squeaky pedal....

Never heard the phone ring....where about in the song?

Brewdude

Reaction score
1st solo, around 1:37 on the recording I have. It oddly sounds like it works with the song, which is why its easy to miss, but another one that once you hear it you'll never miss it again

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have pondered that same question since I too like to learn and expand my knowledge. I think it boils down to in school, they teach you crap you don't want or need to know. The things I want to learn now are the things that actually interest me so I don't mind taking it upon myself to seek out knowledge of those subjects.

Also, for me personally, I resist authority. It's a personality flaw of mine, but if you tell me I have to sit at this desk and learn this super boring subject that I have no interest in and try to sell it under the guise of "you'll use this all the time as an adult", I will resist. I'm 33 with a successful career and I've still never used most of the BS they taught me in school.

Too much of it was just rote memory, no talk of "why" or "how it works" or "why it matters". Just memorize all the seemingly unrelated noise, to pass the almighty test. They were also pretty good at sucking all the enjoyment out of everything too.

DRF

Reaction score
I hated school -as in it was a scarring experience. But I love the Internet and it's information.

Another All Along The Watchtower - I always thought it was "barefoot somethings too":laugh2: all that time I was picturing androgynous sex slaves or something and not servants. I thought Dylan was kinky maybe it was me:laugh2:.

PeteK

Reaction score
I thought Hendrix wrote All Along The Watchtower for a long time. I don't know if anyone told me, but I think eventually stumbled across the Dylan version which is never on the radio.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Thats one of my go to tests for speakers/headphones when purchasing....

Have you heard the phone ring in The Ocean?

I knew of the squeaky pedal....

Never heard the phone ring....where about in the song?

For anyone that has ever listened to the original Guess Who album on vinyl, at the very end of the song "American Woman", it fades out with them repeating the line "Goodbye American woman" over and over. During that fade out, if you turn the volume up, you can hear the very last line is "Goodbye American bitch". :cool:

Have never really tried to find out if that ever made it to the digital version.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
You talk about the pursuit of knowledge and that makes me wonder why when I was at school I wasn't interested, and now at the later stages of my life I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge?...

Hormones... :D

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
I didn't find out until I was about 50 that in the winter, when I had the car heater/defroster running, the inside of the windows would get a bunch of humidity buildup obstructing my view.

Solution: turn on the car's air conditioner (heat still set to hot) and it takes all the moisture out of the air making the windows clear and dry.

What did you learn from a friend in life?

That's in the owner's manual!:rolleyes::D

Latest Threads