Things in life you never knew until someone told you.

hecube

Reaction score
I learned that in all my years the knowledge I've accumulated amounts to NOTHING!

Not for me.

I can look in awe and wonderment at the field of ruins that is my bank account in my pursuit of knowledge. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Engel

Reaction score
Nearly everything you learn, you learn it from someone else.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Depends, learning from own experiences if part of it too.

the way things work . . it seems that learning what not to do , happens from experience , more often than learning what to do

ow . don't touch that hot stove !
ow ! don't touch that hot stove !
ooooh . don't touch that . hot stove . what a hot , hot stove . oh yeah . .

go ahead . touch that hot stove . touch it like you mean it ! what a hot ___ hot stove . yessssssssss !

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the way things work . . it seems that learning what not to do , happens from experience , more often than learning what to do

ow . don't touch that hot stove !
ow ! don't touch that hot stove !
ooooh . don't touch that . hot stove . what a hot , hot stove . oh yeah . .

go ahead . touch that hot stove . touch it like you mean it ! what a hot ___ hot stove . yessssssssss !

Personally for me, it has been both. Also I have learned a lot in life from experiences that I have learned from traveling, situations, being open minded and so on. It has not been necessarily a friend or someone I knew who taught me things.

Sometimes people can not teach you because you have to experience it yourself. For example, a male doctor telling me you will feel this and that...BS! he has no idea! Text books cannot teach you all those things as it cannot be put into words :laugh2:

But saying all that, I have learned some wise words from some friends and learned a thing or two that I never knew. I love learning so I appreciate when I do get told something new.

MLP has taught be quite a bit too :laugh2:

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
When I realised not all men have three balls.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That people CAN hear you yell even IF you have your fingers in your ears! :shock:

True story...

And I thought for the longest time, that "Hendrix" version of all "All along the Watchtower"

Lyric "Plough man dig my earth" was

"Come and dig my herb"

Engel

Reaction score
Depends, learning from own experiences if part of it too.

That's why I said nearly everything. :thumb:

Of course you learn some things on your own, but the great majority is taught to us since the day we were born.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
That's why I said nearly everything. :thumb:

Of course you learn some things on your own, but the great majority is taught to us since the day we were born.

I learned, quite on my own, to never touch the metal prongs on an electrical cord as it was being plugged in, no matter how dark the room is. I was probably about 8 and nearly 60 years later I've not forgotten.

Oh, and don't tighten a loose spark plug by hand right after turning off the lawn mower.

At least now, you won't have to learn those 2 things on YOUR own. :thumb:

PeteK

Reaction score
I've seen so many movies and tv shows where they burn their hand opening the radiator cap that even if my car has been in the garage for a week without running, I open it cautiously with my head turned, my nuts covered and with a towel over my hand. :laugh2:

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
30 yrs old when I learned women can stop peeing midstream.

While with my wife getting an Ultra-Sound with our first born on the way, that her bladder was too full to get a good image. She was told to go to the bathroom and let out around 2 cups of urine. I was floored.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid in summer camp, I had a counselor who was adamant that I wrong that raisins were dried out grapes.

She went out of her way to make me look like an idiot to the other kids as well.

:dunno:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That people CAN hear you yell even IF you have your fingers in your ears! :shock:

True story...

And I thought for the longest time, that "Hendrix" version of all "All along the Watchtower"

Lyric "Plough man dig my earth" was

"Come and dig my herb"

Me too! That's what it still sounds like.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People that were different colors and facial structures are called races, and you're supposed to say what race they are when you describe them, not just describe their physical characteristics and personality traits.

I've become tired of relaying the story, but I suspect we've all learned this at some point our own way.

Years later I suppose I can recognize if someone were to describe me, "white guy" would save time from describing my characteristics that are shared with a generic white guy.
Even though I'm more of a mix between light tan and pink

I like the Bill Burr joke that white people get in trouble because we put the curse word in front of the race word instead of after it. If we just learn to put the curse word after the race word like black people do we'd be fine.

ex:

"This motherf**kin' indian walked in the store." -white guy-

"This indian mothaf**ka walked in the store." -black guy-

...see? the black guy totally doesn't sound racist! :laugh2:

Latest Threads