Thick or thin neck on this one?

kakerlak

Reaction score
Are you just eyeballing from a listing? What model is it? That should give you a ballpark expectation...

To my eyes, that neck does not look particularly thick, though, if it's got a lot of taper to it (which you can't really tell w/o seeing the rest), it could end up thick by the time it gets to the heel. It's really tough to tell from photos, though, outside of the extremes of the range, b/c a subtle change in rotation of camera vs neck can make it look thinner/thicker than it is. Very hard to get a dead-on perpendicular image (although those pics look pretty close!).

rogue3

Reaction score
Based on the first pic(i think the second one is slightly blurry, so i'll leave it out of the mix), and it is only one perspective, high medium,chunky.
My visual comparison in front of me is my late 80's lesters. They are marginally slimmer at the headstock break.I'd call them lower range mediums,not quite 60's slim.Each one of them is different too.

the first pic looks closer to my R8 which has a somewhat chunkier neck than the op's example.(its cased right now<but we are only ballparking appearances anyway)

so i agree with wuuthrad! :dude:

Last edited:

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a bigger neck profile.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Thin shoulders & big bottom- just how I like em!

Latest Threads