Thick neck or skinny neck les pauls

R994

Reaction score
The guy who used to be in charge of the Ibanez Indonesia now working for fender. So all Indonesia made charvel and Jackson are superior for 40 bucks more
Fender also has more resource so they are able to make better guitars for cheaper price

BKS

Reaction score
The guy who used to be in charge of the Ibanez Indonesia now working for fender. So all Indonesia made charvel and Jackson are superior for 40 bucks more
I have an indonesia built Jackson, my juggernaut ht7 :laugh2:
Still getting used to it....

LP1865

Reaction score
For me I understand having a neck that thin if I playing 7 string. But for 6 nah man. U should check out the new charvel line and Jackson line solid guitars
Way out of my budget.
Trying to keep it under $500, all other guitars are way to overpriced.
The Jackson js32 Dinky costs me $400 here in India, they retail for $250 in the USA.
The Ibanez is still surprisingly the same price as the ones sold in USA, so I'm leaning toward that. Also it's a hardtail.

R994

Reaction score
Way out of my budget.
Trying to keep it under $500, all other guitars are way to overpriced.
The Jackson js32 Dinky costs me $400 here in India, they retail for $250 in the USA.
The Ibanez is still surprisingly the same price as the ones sold in USA, so I'm leaning toward that. Also it's a hardtail.
How about charvel ?

R994

Reaction score
No distribution and they have nothing in the $500 range.
I don’t wanna ruin ur Ibanez vibe. But their cheaper models are very inconsistent. Compared to fender(charvel and Jackson or Mexican strat) and Gibson(epiphone). I would suggest look for second hand. Or wait a bit until second hands can be delivered to u. I played a charvel a few days back. It gives 700-1200 bucks guitar a run for their money.

Zylo

Reaction score
This thread

the only right answer is....

it’s a subjective topic

like I have small hands
But my epi 59 is supposed to have a chunky neck
Yet to me it’s not what I would think of chunky...

CerebralGasket

Reaction score
It's not only the 1st and 12th fret thickness, but the amount of shoulder that determines how well a neck fits your hand.

IMO, choosing a neck profile that fits your hand is no different than choosing a pair of shoes that fit your feet. Sometimes you have to try a bunch of different ones to find the right fit.

Zylo

Reaction score
It's not only the 1st and 12th fret thickness, but the amount of shoulder that determines how well a neck fits your hand.

IMO, choosing a neck profile that fits your hand is no different than choosing a pair of shoes that fit your feet. Sometimes you have to try a bunch of different ones to find the right fit.
True words
Guitar makers use so many different terms now that I won’t base my buying decision on their description
I’m beginning to like the Gibson slash models which they say is chunky neck, once shops reopen, will definitely go and check it out

PAPADON

Reaction score
With 15 guitars I just have to deal with it so I've learned to get along with them all. It's not really that hard to do.

diogoguitar

Reaction score
It took me a long time to figure out why I like my LP so much. One of the reasons is the thick neck. It's like driving a mustang. Not as comfy as other sports cars, but it sounds and feels so good

TriSarahPloop

Reaction score
I love both but for different reasons, if I had to pick one I’d say thick. Both my fav Les Paul and fav strat have thick necks. I find it easier to play fast on thinner necks but the thick ones give me much more grip on the strings and overall is more comfy.

RobV

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sausage fingers prefer 60's necks, I also like Ibanez necks so there is that....

drock5000

Reaction score
Gotta be thicker 50s neck here......the slim taper necks just don't feel right...gotta have something that fills my hand.

BKS

Reaction score
I must say i like the skinny neck on my non reversed firebird.... Tho it is more rounded shape, guess that helps:p

Latest Threads