They Got It Wrong...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've played several Goldies... I have never seen one green like THAT....

I call bullshit... even on Snatch. THAT green ain't Goldie greening in my opinion.... That looks like it was a Goldie conversion OVER green or something to that effect... Too symmetrical... Still call bullshit...

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is the worst factory aging job I've seen. I'm really surprised that they even let it leave the building. Somebody at the end of the line should have looked at it and tossed it in the refin (or scrap) pile. $9K? :rofl:

Here are a few photos comparing the "painstaking reproduction" to the well-worn original 1955 Goldtop that it is based upon:

Fake news...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I think I understand.... The left is the POS AFUBAR'd copy of the right...

Bullshit... Somebody yanked a damn Gecko of the wall during an Everclear party....and not even a good paint Gecko....

The 'orig' on the right seems a bit odd to me...

Finish worn completely off top but there is little greening on the rest given that paint... I would think there would be far less gold luster too if that finish was 'played off' and on the ones I've held where there is a lot of greening and wear from playing, the remaining gold seemed to have darkened a lot and lost luster appreciably.... I'm probably wrong as usual but I'm ninja level at being mistaken in my assumptions....

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^^Probably took as much skill

Tomburst

Reaction score
I've never seen that '55 Snatch Goldtop before. That ageing is beautiful I'd love the top of my cc12 to be like that. Only decades of playing involving sweat and gigs can get it to look like that

zombiwoof

Reaction score
My virus software has been triggered by that hideous guitar into thinking it is malware!.
Al

Blue Blood

Reaction score
It's the pre acetone and a rag burstie type burstification burstalicious burst.
Nevermind the angle-grinder relic job.

ahem.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Look at the back headstock shot, where they took off the finish... looks like a 3rd grader did it. That's not "aging".
Just pathetic,man. What a shameful waste of wood......