They always say that guns dont shoot people, people do but....

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
He's just damn lucky that no one was killed.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/15/13296949-man-drops-gun-in-movie-theater-shooting-self-in-buttocks#comments

Police say a man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks at a Nevada movie theater during a showing of “The Bourne Legacy.”

The moviegoer was at the Century 14 theater Tuesday night when a gunshot rang out.

After receiving several calls reporting seven to eight shots, police in Sparks, Nev., dispatched police units as well as fire and medical crews only to find out one shot was fired by accident.

Witnesses inside the theater told officers the gun fell from the man’s pocket as he was adjusting himself in the seat, and it fired when it dropped to the floor, striking him in the buttocks.
The 56-year-old man then reportedly stood up, apologized to those around him and left the theater before police arrived. He checked himself into a nearby VA hospital in Reno, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his buttocks, according to a police report. His injury is not considered to be life-threatening.

Police say there was no panic in the theater and that only five people reported hearing the gunshot out of the approximately 30 people in the audience. No one else on the scene was injured.
Police said the man has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm.

The case will be forwarded to the Sparks City Attorneys’ Office when the police investigation is complete. The City Attorneys’ Office did not immediately respond to phone inquiries about possible charges against the man.
The incident comes less than a month after a mass-shooting inside a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., that left 12 dead and 58 injured.

Eigen

Reaction score
Could have easily turned out much worse...funny to think he actually got lucky by getting shot in the ass, dumbass. :squint:

Bluesky

Reaction score
Guy must have felt like a douche. He just slinked out and said, sorry........:lol:

I sometimes carry my little glock in my cargo shorts pocket but you really should have it in a holster at all times.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Get a Glock. You can slam it on the ground and it won't fire.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
i wonder what type of gun it was. I also wondered if he tried to catch it as it fell and pulled the trigger accidentally.

bottom line, if you choose to carry a firearm, always do so in a quality holster.

yawny

Reaction score
That guy must have some serious balls to take a shot to the ass, apologize, walk out, and drive himself all the way to a hospital without saying "boo"

Guitarhack

Reaction score
Don't blame the gun for the owner's stupidity (regardless of the reason for the weapon's malfunction, he should not have been messing with it in a crowded theater).

Find a holster that works for you. Train and practice with the holster so that you are confident and comfortable with how it functions. Secure your weapon in your holster and don't mess with it in a movie theater.

Poor innocent gun.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
I remember getting in trouble for sneaking my own snack into a theater...times have changed.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
The 56-year-old man then reportedly stood up, apologized to those around him and left the theater before police arrived.

rich-albums-lol-picture50714-get-llama.jpg

Seantk

Reaction score
After receiving several calls reporting seven to eight shots,

7 or 8 shots :hmm: Doesn't seem correct.

He probably wasn't carrying a magnum (.44 or .357). I doubt he would be walking out of the theater and driving himself if he was

acstorfer

Reaction score
No need of the but on the title. Just another example of people shooting, only in this case it was done by stupidity rather than intent.

JMV

Reaction score
Fell out of his POCKET?

If you're going to carry, you need to make sure you have a good holster that will keep the gun in place until you need to remove it. This story exemplifies why.

It's not the gun's fault he dropped it.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd trust that moron with anything pointy either. Take away his forks and pencils and stuff.

Hack

Reaction score
Oh, geez.

Hes lucky someone else didnt open fire on his ass!!

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fell out of his POCKET?

If you're going to carry, you need to make sure you have a good holster that will keep the gun in place until you need to remove it. This story exemplifies why.

It's not the gun's fault he dropped it.

I'm with River. Revoke his permit, for he obviously out of carelessness cannot accomplish the simple task of securing his weapon. This makes him a danger to all around him.

If you're going to go 'round, You must prove to all that you are not a danger to the innocent. That situation could have gone worse, much worse than his own perforated buttcheek.

JMV

Reaction score
Nail on the head, Dave.

I'm still curious as to what type of weapon it was. I find the situation hard to believe as it's reported. Not impossible, but hard to believe it shuffled out of his pocket while he was sitting and falling on the ground from that seated position was what caused the discharge.

But at the end of the day, the gun went off and it wasn't supposed to. Take his license.