Re 'The postcard from... 07-26-2009
11:54 PM Expired 0 Inappropriate Language

Hyper

Reaction score
Latest Infractions Received
Post Date Expires Points Reason Posted By
Re 'The postcard from... 07-26-2009
11:54 PM Expired 0 Inappropriate Language

Ooohhh! I remember this thread. I think all this went down just before or right about the time I got here. :shock:

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
There has been some talk lately about the forum not being what it used to be

<snip>

change at mlp is inevitable and predictable

all social organisms are driven by personalities (in the case of mlp: the admin, mods, members, and influence of advertisers)

as personalities change/turnover, and, change in ongoing personalities take place at mlp, this will result in, the forum not being what it used to be

mlp is akin to a river, it has a shape but you never step in the same river twice

the "river banks" are mlp's rules and guidelines which are an effort to shape the flow and current of the personality's behavior

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Nobody puts Baby in a corner, cuz that's where the dingo is, and dingoes ate my Baby

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I stood on the bank. I tested the waters. I saw FREEDOM ? Destruction? I decided to jump in. It was NOTHING. Endless tales of woe and triumph. Could I wind these APPLEHEADS up? YOU BET! ENDLESS LAUGHS! ENDLESS STROKES! Why not? When you can laugh ,you can cry. It is good to be A FUZZGOD!

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
X–Ray;4152752 said:
change at mlp is inevitable and predictable

all social organisms are driven by personalities (in the case of mlp: the admin, mods, members, and influence of advertisers)

as personalities change/turnover, and, change in ongoing personalities take place at mlp, this will result in, the forum not being what it used to be

mlp is akin to a river, it has a shape but you never step in the same river twice

the "river banks" are mlp's rules and guidelines which are an effort to shape the flow and current of the personality's behavior
X-Ray, if you had posted your metaphor at the start of this thread I would have
abandoned it pages ago.

Super metaphor, super apt.

Latest Threads