There has been some talk lately

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You don't get an automatic ban for discussing banned members, but it is against the rules, mainly as they are not here to defend themselves, and to avoid a witch hunt.

And for the record, someone's status means jack shit to me. If you deserve a ban, you get one.

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know what your prediction was. In a nutshell:
someone felt threatened, someone got banned, some thread got nuked

Oh crap... My "Friday Night Fights" thread got nuked along with my prediction.

Yet again I missed it.

rjshare

Reaction score
You don't get an automatic ban for discussing banned members, but it is against the rules, mainly as they are not here to defend themselves, and to avoid a witch hunt.

And for the record, someone's status means jack shit to me. If you deserve a ban, you get one.

ok, thanks for clarification.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Let me ask, tho. I understand status means nothing, and thats as it should be. Do indiscretions get weighed against good, though? For instance, if one member continuously contributes nothing useful, and another has contributed hundreds of useful threads mission related to the forum and they BOTH post the exact same ban able offense, do they both get banned? Would one get a warning and the other banned? Both get banned?

rjshare

Reaction score
hey slapshot, you and a few others have those four bar things in your sig. i have been trying but i just cant work it out. i appreciate that i may have just made a total ass of myself, but - help me out...

rjshare

Reaction score
guess i'm gonna die stupid then.

and it's all YOUR FAULT!

rjshare

Reaction score
they all appeared after the black flag discussion the other day so i'm guessing...

but they arent my thing at all so i dont know and may be barking up the wrong tree completely!

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Joey, I try to look at things on a case by case basis. If you commit a blatantly bankable offense, you get banned. Sometimes people get a break if the offence is completely out of character.
Now, some things do slip through the cracks, we are human after all, and I can understand why someone might think that someone is getting it easy.
I cannot spark for all of us mods, as that is not my place, but for me I try to be pretty lenient.
I like a good debate and try to let things run until the trail wreck starts.
The one thing that pisses me off, however, is when people moan about the way things run around here, but then kiss my ass when it suits them or when the hammer comes out.
I am a big boy, I can handle it if you don't like me.
But don't blow sunshine up my ass and then cry to your buddies.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, damn autocorrect on my iPhone.

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Joey, I try to look at things on a case by case basis. If you commit a blatantly bankable offense, you get banned. Sometimes people get a break if the offence is completely out of character.
Now, some things do slip through the cracks, we are human after all, and I can understand why someone might think that someone is getting it easy.
I cannot spark for all of us mods, as that is not my place, but for me I try to be pretty lenient.
The one thing that pisses me off, however, is when people moan about the way things run around here, but then kiss my ass when it suits them or when the hammer comes out.

Well I can't even fathom anyone viewing you as anything but an all around good guy with a level head.

But just like you I'm sure some get confused by what happens... It's a big place with lots of stuff going on and I can clearly see where someone would misunderstand actions from either end.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I've missed most of what's going on so in a nutshell please:

How accurate was my prediction for Friday and is this thee train wreck thread of the day?

Not even close. There was another one that was off the rails. It didn't last long.

Ratstar

Reaction score

Respect increase

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

not sure if the "you" was an actual you or proverbial you, but I have never had a problem with you, never complained to anyone about you, never gave a single inkling that I had anything against you. My one and only interaction with this boards administration in a less than positive light was thru the "contact us" tab after I was momentarily suspended/banned, and solely asked for an explanation. Never did I pass judgement on you or your other 3 partners. Ive said many times I acknowledge the way the forum is run is out of anyones control, thats your job. You say "take your medicine like a man" and I somewhat agree, but simply inquiring why one is being force fed medicine seems fair to me and not like a case of bitching. Surely you agree if one is banned, they ought to be able to question what they did wrong so they don't do it again?

Well I can't even fathom anyone viewing you as anything but an all around good guy with a level head.

But just like you I'm sure some get confused by what happens... It's a big place with lots of stuff going on and I can clearly see where someone would misunderstand actions from either end.

sorta this, yea.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, damn autocorrect on my iPhone.

attachment.php

Attachments

• autocorrectm.jpg
    autocorrectm.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 88

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score

That's the most Ive ever seen a forum mod here and any forum for that matter, divulge about themselves. Say whatever you want. Just seems like a bad idea to let us all know what makes you tick.

335Reasons

Banned
Reaction score

How are you going to make an 'example' of avoidance for other members if we don't know the exact reason/s that a member has been banned? OK the rules, I get it. Nevertheless your post makes me feel like a pupil in an elementary school. 'If you deserve a ban, you get one'. For what? Why was Neo banned? Am I going to be the next Neo? Why was Nicola Rivera banned? Do other members have a right to know? Just asking

Latest Threads