There has been some talk lately

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There has been some talk lately about the forum not being what it used to be.
I have been doing some thinking about this lately and wondering what could be the reason for this feeling that some people have.
While contemplating this, I have been tempted to post some of my feelings, but being a mod, I have to be very mindful of keeping an objective point of view.
While we moderators do our jobs, we experience the forum in a very different way than the average user.
The average member here doesn't recieve upwards of 20 emails a day with people reporting posts that most of the time are nothing more than someone with hurt feelings.
Mods do.
The average member doesn't have to clean up threads and post on a daily basis from people that can't seem to follow rules despite repeated warnings.
Mods do.
The average user doesn't have to bear the brunt of every decision that they make being dissected in threads by disaffected members.
Mods do.
I could go on forever, but I won't, as I am straying from my main point.
Communities like this are only as good as the strength and integrity of its members.
There are tens of thousands of members, and 4 moderators, and one administrator.
For those of you that don't think we are doing our job, look at those stats compared to the amount of problems.
I think we're doing ok considering.
Most of us here are adults or at least old enough to be responsible.
If you don't like things here, try to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
Don't stir shit and then cry when it bites you in the ass.
We don't ban people for fun. If you get a vacation, it is for a reason.
Don't argue it, take it like an adult.
Use your ignore function instead of playing the victim.
Don't feed the trolls.
Actively take part in self policing and follow the rules.
Moderators are volunteers.
We live this community and want to see it thrive, there is only so much we can do.
Instead of acting like a child, man up and do your part to help the community.
You wouldn't stand by and let your neighbourhood go to shit while complaining and not doing anything.
Here is no different.
Stop posting political threads
Stop posting religion threads
Try to get along and not take things here so personally
Remember why we all initially came here....... The guitars.

For those of you that think we are not doing our jobs, as far as I am concerned, you can either play by the rules or gtfo.
End of my rant, mod hat back on,
Have a nice day.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
You do a fine job.

I wouldn't burden the mods with a complaint. I'm able to play in the sandbox.

Don't feed the trolls.

This one is tough though... so hard to resist feeding the furry little bastards.

rjshare

Reaction score
hope you never have cause to intervene on a post i make, but if you ever do i apologise in advance. you guys are doing great, just remember you can never please all the people all of the time!

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seeing me in a leotard would destroy the universe. Fat tattooed bald guy in spandex. Oh wait, I could just use a pic of Vince Neil from 1995.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You guys have a lot to do. I hope the community can respect that, and follow the rules. :)

As for your rant,
Audience-clapping2.gif

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mlP bUrnS hoT eGos aPplEheaDs I'm an aRTisT!!! :laugh2:

BillB1960

Reaction score
Seeing me in a leotard would destroy the universe. Fat tattooed bald guy in spandex. Oh wait, I could just use a pic of Vince Neil from 1995.

I think it's still good for a podium finish, we just have to wait for BB, DG and LZF to complete their routines.

The tension builds.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
FWIW I think you guys do a good job here. And this is coming from somebody who was recently banned.

You guys are in the business of balance. Keep things too loose here and it all goes to ****. Keep things too tight and it all goes to ****.

Latest Threads