The woes of a fast food worker

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Right. And I mean this with respect, not as an insult, but I've read lots of your posts about this kind of thing, and you seem to be the type of guy that likes the kind of flavorless big box stores that I detest.

It's hard to frame this without it sounding like an insult, and that's not my intention, but that kind of "nothing but big national chains" experience looks completely horrible to me... Just a vast suburban expanse do strip malls. Probably near a middle class neighborhood with giant new houses with itsy bitsy trees, all about ten feet from one another.

If it's that kind of junk, and those kinds of stores that define some people's idea of paradise, they're welcome to it. I'll pass.:)

Tbh, I mostly shop online. I love paying no sales tax and free shipping. However, if it's something I need that day and don't feel like waiting (obviously stuff like groceries), I don't mind going to the big stores that I know have exactly what I need. Plus, I know the best times of the week to go to these places.

If I had no online shopping option, then I would love to just stick with one place that had everything I needed.

I hate those kinds of developments though...although some gated communities have their advantages. ;) My ideal place is somewhere in between country/suburbs, but with actual LAND and not farther than 30-45 min from a Wal-Mart/CostCo.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Tbh, I mostly shop online. I love paying no sales tax and free shipping. However, if it's something I need that day and don't feel like waiting (obviously stuff like groceries), I don't mind going to the big stores that I know have exactly what I need. Plus, I know the best times of the week to go to these places.

If I had no online shopping option, then I would love to just stick with one place that had everything I needed.

I hate those kinds of developments though...although some gated communities have their advantages. ;) My ideal place is somewhere in between country/suburbs, but with actual LAND and not farther than 30-45 min from a Wal-Mart/CostCo.

I see. I can understand that... We both seem to hate the same types of neighborhoods. :)

I'll still stick with smaller, mom and pop businesses when possible.

twst1up

Reaction score
$15. per hour for a burger flipper seems a bit excessive. ...but it is hard work.

tell that to a coal miner

I'd rather have my education and "career" then go back to working crap minimum wage or "odd" jobs or having to "hustle" to make ends meet. I'm better than that...I have more to offer than that.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to warn those people...

Burgeon is coming!!!:shock:
samurai-waiter_1784071i.jpg

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
tell that to a coal miner

I'd rather have my education and "career" then go back to working crap minimum wage or "odd" jobs or having to "hustle" to make ends meet. I'm better than that...I have more to offer than that.

Average starting salary for a coal miner in West Virginia is $60,000 a year. Average wage in the industry for a coal miner is $81,200.

Thank you unions for straightening out this injustice.

http://www.nma.org/pdf/c_wages_state_industries.pdf

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You can make over $100k+ in the ND boom. No unions needed. Supply and demand. :D

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
Geo is like a ninja with dynamite. Love it when he shows up

Latest Threads