The woes of a fast food worker

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Workers protest at New York McDonald's - Nov. 29, 2012

People are complaining and want a pay raise to at least $15 an hour, and the right to unionize.

My apologies to those people, but fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour.

How about go to a 2 year school (minimum) and get a degree, then you can start belly aching. I have no sympathy for people working at a fast food place if they didn't bother going to a community college for a basic degree, or at least finishing high school.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Can't afford to live in Manhattan? Don't live in Manhattan. Problem solved :D

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To the people complaining, be glad you HAVE a job and stfu, Merry X-mas. :wave:

+1

I never understood how young people (including myself) could work a 40 hour work week, and not be bored with themselves. If I didn't go to school and work full time, I would be bored as hell :laugh2: Maybe once I graduate and get an engineering job I'll have some more money to spend and do some more things, but hell, only 40 hours a week? I'd get bored.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Man, with a $120,000 education, my first job only paid about $17 an hour... My wife got the same education and was only making about $13 an hour at her first job. And those were both WELL before the economy took a dump.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
You know it is funny but in AZ they get paid $7 an hour. My daughter used to work for a healthcare company and got paid $7 an hour, the SAME company for the SAME positon pays $15 an hour in Nevada, cost of living is the same between AZ and NV.

AZ is the slum of the US when it comes to wages.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wDXpzU_Gg[/ame]

It don't matter if you didn't go to school, you still deserve to be BALLIN'!!!
Stay Up Playaz!!!
WuRd 2 ya muthas!!!
wigger-kids.jpg

cynic79

Reaction score
Yeah, go rack up some debt and then get a job paying slightly more, less of which will end up in your pocket because of student loan payments. Brilliant plan!

And clearly there are no expenses tied to moving, especially if you have a family. Nope, none at all.

bertzie

Reaction score
Yeah, go rack up some debt and then get a job paying slightly more, less of which will end up in your pocket because of student loan payments. Brilliant plan!

And clearly there are no expenses tied to moving, especially if you have a family. Nope, none at all.

You don't need to go to college to get a job above fast food. Hell, go from working in a fast food restaurant to a family restaurant. Then from the family restaurant to casual dining. Then from casual dining to fine dining.

Boom, career path.

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
It seems to me(and I haven't been inside a fast food place in a long time) that a lot of the workers are comprised of high school kids and retirees. I also figure that with recent economic woes, there are many others just trying to supplement income. So assuming you know their educational level is ridiculous

Any of you guys ever work fast food? It was my 1st job in high school, and close to my worst job ever

They deserve to be paid more

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Or they can always get a busket...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZPlnV9ctQ]Suicide Kings - Busket - YouTube[/ame]

cynic79

Reaction score
You don't need to go to college to get a job above fast food. Hell, go from working in a fast food restaurant to a family restaurant. Then from the family restaurant to casual dining. Then from casual dining to fine dining.

Boom, career path.

It sure sounds easy when you say it, but actually DOING it, especially in this economy, is not easy.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
It seems to me(and I haven't been inside a fast food place in a long time) that a lot of the workers are comprised of high school kids and retirees. I also figure that with recent economic woes, there are many others just trying to supplement income. So assuming you know their educational level is ridiculous

Any of you guys ever work fast food? It was my 1st job in high school, and close to my worst job ever

I think fast food jobs are paid fittingly...

They are a perfect reminder to ASPIRE HIGHER...

There's a reason why the term "Burger Flipper" sounds so degrading...

It's supposed to be.

bertzie

Reaction score

No, they really don't. Fast food is amongst the lowest skilled positions out there. In terms of food service jobs, you literally cannot go lower. The fact that they even have humans working fast food is because robots are expensive and monkeys are unsanitary.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
inferiority complex?

Me? No... I think if those people don't like what they are paid they can at least go to a vocational school... There are TONS these days and all you have to do is sign on the dotted line... You'll be paying back student loans for a while, but the opportunity is there. It's what you make of it.

But you don't just strike because you feel you're entitled to double your wage at a fast food joint.

Oh, and can I get some extra buttermilk and some Franks Redhot? Thanks.

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
Bertzie and Six. I know yer both good people. I enjoy reading your posts. They're usually either funny or thought-provoking. Sometimes both!:laugh2:

But I gotta say, and I mean no offense, I find your attitudes on this subject matter revolting

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
$30k/yr to flip burgers, wipe down tables and empty garbage cans in a fast food joint? I don't think so, even in Manhattan.

Average price of a Big Mac in the US: $3.57 (2008)
Price of a Big Mac in NYC: $3.95 (2012)

It not only costs more to live in NYC, it also costs more to run a business there.

I'm the first one to jump up and cry "unfair" when it comes to wages, but no way is that job worth $15/hr unless it's some sort of junior manager position.

bertzie

Reaction score
Bertzie and Six. I know yer both good people. I enjoy reading your posts. They're usually either funny or thought-provoking. Sometimes both!:laugh2:

But I gotta say, and I mean no offense, I find your attitudes on this subject matter revolting

I've worked in food service. In real restaurants none the less. Anyone that thinks fast food employees deserve to make even close to the money that skilled employees makes is just being silly.

No fast food cashier anywhere should make more money than a waitress in the same area.

Latest Threads