The Who 'Live at Hull'

Lannes

Reaction score
I got this today and holy moses....:wow:

No, I don't think it is better than the Deluxe version of 'Live at Leeds', but Keith Moon's drums are way up in the mix and up front and, Jesus! He was a monster. Just the best recording of him I've EVER heard.

Entwistle is further down in the mix than Leeds and that's a bit disappointing, but Moon more than makes up for it. Damn....makes me miss him all over again.

If your a fan, get this one.:dude:

Frampton129

Reaction score
I also received my copy of Live at Hull today, but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. Apparently, they had numerous difficulties when they recorded the show, so that led them to release the Leeds show instead. According to the liner notes, some of Entwistle's bass lines from the Leeds show had to be dubbed into the Hull CD because his bass couldn't be heard.

It would be incredibly difficult for this show (or any show for that matter) to be better than Live at Leeds. I'm just glad they made the effort to release another CD of the Who performing in their prime.

Backstage

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I still got the old LP with this one :D :

The_Who_Woodstock_Contract.jpg

Stevie 202

Reaction score
Keith Moon and Mitch Mitchell are the reason I got into playing rock & roll.
(Oh, and Ginger Baker)

Frampton129

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to listen to this CD yesterday during my two hour drive to go see Joe Bonamassa :) While it's a good show, it's not quite up to the level of Live at Leeds. There were a few bad spots in the original audio recording that you can hear. In addition, there were many times you could hardly hear the vocals or the between song chatter. Musically speaking, it's a great CD, but the audio quality prevents it from being as good as Live at Leeds.

Latest Threads