Reaction score
I am a fan.

I listened.

I had ZERO expectations for this album,

and thus... was not disappointed!

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Fan. BIG fan. Have been as long as I've been a music fan.

Reactions: Who

Olds442

Reaction score
saw the twice in the 80s, love them.

damn Roger sounds great.

henry albert

Banned
Reaction score
Loved The Who all my rock and roll-aware life. Always my fave. No other band came even close to displacing them from my heart. Wore out copies of Leeds, Tommy and Who's Next. Saw them twice in the early 70s before Moon died. They were great, but already past their peak because Townshend was being a prick and decided he didn't want to play any leads. And he didn't, the asshole. When time came for a lead, all he did was was hit a single string until the need passed.

My wife wanted to see them when they came around on the latest farewell tour. I talked her out of it. Told her that it wasn't really The Who and hadn't been since Moon and the Ox died. Townshend was hit or miss on guitar depending on his mood and when he missed, he missed big. Daltry was also erratic. Some of the bootlegs I heard were okay, but some were just fucking awful. I said if she wanted to hear a true Who concert, we'd put on the extended Leeds CD and rock out. Then we watch the Isle of Wight.

• Love

NRBQ

Reaction score
Here's my two favorite new Who songs so far. How is it possible that Roger Daltry's voice can sound this good at age 75? His voice sounds as good as it ever did, it's just not possible, but it is. These two songs also have the most Moonie like sound on the albums, I'm sure that is part of it for me, that cymbal shimmer that sort of coats the song, it's just a Who thing. If I had ordered it up, I might have asked for a tad more crunch guitar for the high end parts. Nit picker. It also feels like they made sure to channel some of the Ox on Detour, some great bass runs, and a popping bass up high in the mix, the Ox lives.

Last edited:
  • Love

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Loved The Who all my rock and roll-aware life. Always my fave. No other band came even close to displacing them from my heart. Wore out copies of Leeds, Tommy and Who's Next. Saw them twice in the early 70s before Moon died. They were great, but already past their peak because Townshend was being a prick and decided he didn't want to play any leads. And he didn't, the asshole. When time came for a lead, all he did was was hit a single string until the need passed.

My wife wanted to see them when they came around on the latest farewell tour. I talked her out of it. Told her that it wasn't really The Who and hadn't been since Moon and the Ox died. Townshend was hit or miss on guitar depending on his mood and when he missed, he missed big. Daltry was also erratic. Some of the bootlegs I heard were okay, but some were just fucking awful. I said if she wanted to hear a true Who concert, we'd put on the extended Leeds CD and rock out. Then we watch the Isle of Wight.

Well, I must have caught them on a good night (in DC) because they were both on, and Zak Starkey was channeling Moonie.

• Love

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love(ED) the Who.

However, add them to the list of artists who should ride off into sunset with some dignity & grace. They should not follow in the footsteps of Sir Paul, Billy & Elton, who's talent was amazing back in th day, but today, is just embarrassing.

It is so sad to see the GIANTS of my day prostitute themselves now. Once great and invincible rock gods, they are now pathetic old men, who just can't step out of the spotlight, no mater how incapable they become.

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
.... should not follow in the footsteps of Sir Paul....
I saw Paul McCartney within the last couple of years.

I'm a fan, but not an OMG I LOVE HIM fan.

It was THE BEST concert I've ever seen, without question. Paul delivers the experience in an impressive way. When these giants are gone, they are gone. I'm glad to see that they are out there, making fans happy.

KP11520

Reaction score
"Who the Fuk are you?"

As only Roger can ask!

Apparently, The Song Is (NOT) Over. But it is "All Ahead Now".

Still doing it better than just about all of them that reunite at 50 years with only half a band! Fokkin Aye Right!