The Who is back!

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I thought I'd throw in their other new song that's just been released just to add to the fun. I say fun but the song appears to have an anti or at least bringing awareness to the situation that still exists at the Guantanamo Bay Naval base where the prisoners have never been formally charged or tried, they just exist there. I remember at one time that was one of Obama's top priorities was trying to shut it down for good, but I guess it proved more difficult then he anticipated since it's still in operation. Not trying to be political, just noting the song subject and history of the base. Great song though, sounds like The Who from the very first note.
Like all POWs, they'll be sent home as soon as Al Qaeda surrenders.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Whoop de freakin doo like KISS scam artists how many final tours you gonna lie about-Led Zep Celebration day THATS HOW YOU DO IT. if you say 1 final show THAN MEAN IT. if you want to stay together for 60 years like The Rolling Stones thats cool too but dont rip people off.
I'm done with them. Just fell outta like

Reactions: Who

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
so.....when are they coming back to Houston.............................

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Today is the day!

I'm two tracks in, listening on Amazon. I really don't want to listen online... I have the LP coming, but couldn't wait.

I want to put on the LP in a dark room and just listen.

So far I feel like this album would fit right in with the Who Are You era. Roger's voice is still Roger.

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was able to see both the Farewell Tour and the Reunion Tour. Lucked out by getting to see them the night before Pete impaled his hand on the whammy bar.

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati was 40 years ago this week. :(

I watched a Cincinnati local-news documentary on it, that came out on the anniversary. Depressing. Hard to imagine.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Why don't they all f-f-f-f-fade away?

• Haha

TrippyStormtrooper

Reaction score
I’m listening and so far it’s not blowing my mind. It’s not bad, but nothing stands out and it feels weaker than their other material.

“Ball and Chain” is good. Feels like The Who. The rest of it is... Pete and Roger + Rhythm section.

fry

Reaction score
Just hit the road and do the hits. I am not interested in hearing any new material from these older bands, but to each his own.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Pete has that TTTHHHHAAA THUUUUUUUUUAAAAAMMMMPPPPPPPPP chording- perfect "pocket" R guitar+ is a nasty lead player in Iommi's league. Old Who were perfect. Need Moon +Ox to be Who. Roger? I never liked him-but, brings the pipes. Pete or Keith invented the Windmill-for that alone both of these chaps are in my top 10.
1575662775491.png

1575662819135.png