The Who is back!

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Did they ever really leave?

This new single won't change the world, but it's a solid Who song. Roger can still sing. Pete can still write. It makes me smile.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
I remember when MTV first came out, “You Better You Bet” was on heavy rotation all day long. That was my first time hearing The Who, or at least the first time knowing who they were. That’s still my favorite Who song.

• Love
Reactions: Who

NRBQ

Reaction score
I thought I'd throw in their other new song that's just been released just to add to the fun. I say fun but the song appears to have an anti or at least bringing awareness to the situation that still exists at the Guantanamo Bay Naval base where the prisoners have never been formally charged or tried, they just exist there. I remember at one time that was one of Obama's top priorities was trying to shut it down for good, but I guess it proved more difficult then he anticipated since it's still in operation. Not trying to be political, just noting the song subject and history of the base. Great song though, sounds like The Who from the very first note.

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
So I guess it's official, the "Who's Last" album from 1984 was just a crock of shit then wasn't it.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
Rogers vocals are really out front here, I wonder if trying to say something

I love these guys but the ball and chain tune kinds of turns me off, why can’t he sing about canaries and hand grenades?

NRBQ

Reaction score
Well, it was the last one with Ox.
Yeah I guess that's right, it was a live album as I recall. Endless wire was like 2004 or 06 maybe, and Entwistle had passed away in 2002 I think. I'd like to give Who's Last a listen, her some of Jenny Kones on drums. The only thing I remember is that the album opened up and had a giant stage show with a giant WHO with the band underneath the H, which looked really cool. I also remember Kenny with both hands in the air during their last bow. I think Who Are You was on it too, not for certain though.

Reactions: Who

spoony

Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd throw in their other new song that's just been released just to add to the fun. I say fun but the song appears to have an anti or at least bringing awareness to the situation that still exists at the Guantanamo Bay Naval base where the prisoners have never been formally charged or tried, they just exist there. I remember at one time that was one of Obama's top priorities was trying to shut it down for good, but I guess it proved more difficult then he anticipated since it's still in operation. Not trying to be political, just noting the song subject and history of the base. Great song though, sounds like The Who from the very first note.

They all end up working for the same folks!

s

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
The all end up working for the same folks!

s
I did a thread a while back asking what classic rock song sounded the most modern today. What inspired the thread was Won't Get Fooled Again. I chose the song not only for the production and sound, but for the topic and lyrics. It's maybe even more relevant today, when you listen to it, the message of anger with politicians and the system the just keeps repeating itself really rings true. It proves that as things change, things never change at the same time. Plus to me the production is so modern, no special effects, just great playing and the moog synth Pets programmed still sounds fresh and futuristic almost 50 on. It's truly a rock and roll masterpiece that stands the test of time on ever level it can. One of the few classic rock radio songs that's overplayed that I never get sick of, never.

Latest Threads