The Walking Dead Season 7 Thread (May Contain Spoilers)

Who got the bat?

• Aaron

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Michonne

• Daryl

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Glenn

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Maggie

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Abraham

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sasha

• Eugene

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Rosita

• Rick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
Speaking of irritants and the redhead, where is the extreme loyalty to Negan coming from? It's clear he's operating an empire through kidnapping, murder and extortion, yet several bit characters have cheerily allowed themselves to be killed; the redhead's death didn't even benefit the Saviors. Dwight makes sense. Even though he hates the **** out of Negan, if he rebels, his wife dies, and if he plays along, he benefits. Nobody else has an established motive to fall in line.

Pete M

Reaction score
It seemed a bit more believable when he rocked up with hundreds of men in the season finale. Okay so he rules with an iron fist? Nowadays he's just wandering around Alexandria on his own making cupcakes and whatever else it seems dumb. Again, there are hundreds of people wanting to take a pot-shot at him, apparently. I know he stays alive & in jail in the comics so he can't die yet, but they are making it look ridiculous.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Speaking of irritants and the redhead, where is the extreme loyalty to Negan coming from? It's clear he's operating an empire through kidnapping, murder and extortion, yet several bit characters have cheerily allowed themselves to be killed; the redhead's death didn't even benefit the Saviors. Dwight makes sense. Even though he hates the **** out of Negan, if he rebels, his wife dies, and if he plays along, he benefits. Nobody else has an established motive to fall in line.
Same as I'm wondering. I get the idea that The Saviors are running a protection racket, but Negan personally killing his clientele is kind of dumb. The only loyalty I can see his people having is if they're as sadistic as he is. People though may follow because he gives stability, security and provides for them, not to mention makes them feel superior to those who are actually building a real life for themselves.

kmk108

Reaction score
Same as I'm wondering. I get the idea that The Saviors are running a protection racket, but Negan personally killing his clientele is kind of dumb. The only loyalty I can see his people having is if they're as sadistic as he is. People though may follow because he gives stability, security and provides for them, not to mention makes them feel superior to those who are actually building a real life for themselves.
This is what I think the case is. The "gatherers" (the ones taking supplies from the other settlements) are able to express their "badass" personalities and have the stability of Negan provides as long as they follow the rules. The others are probably a mix of too scared to do anything and of people who say "at least it's something".

Pete M

Reaction score
I guess no one really wants to end up playing zombie dodgeball - or whatever the f*** it is that Daryl and the other letter men are supposed to be doing out there in the parking lot???

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I guess no one really wants to end up playing zombie dodgeball - or whatever the f*** it is that Daryl and the other letter men are supposed to be doing out there in the parking lot???
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Zombie dodgeball! :rofl:

Yes, that's Zombie Dodgeball-- the cool new sport that is expected to overtake other popular post-apocalyptic pro sports such as Jugger and the Thunderdome Gladiatorial Games. :applause:

Honestly, though: that whole thing with the zombies in the yard made for a freaky visual, and I was a bit baffled by the weirdness of it all, especially the torso-only zombies hanging from chains from what appeared to be a large chin up bar.

Later I learned that this is fleshed out a bit more fully in the comic book series. The main compound that the Saviors live on and within is called "the Sanctuary" by the group, and the zombie containment area-- represented by the fence and the yard-- extends all the way around the compound. It serves as sort of physical barrier to help slow down or thwart intruders.

That's what Negan meant when he told Darrel that one way or another Darrel was gonna end up serving him-- dead on the fence, working for points and wishing he was dead, or serving in Negan's private army, "with new shoes and living like a king".

We haven't seen a view of the entire compound, though, and so the whole protective barrier thing wasn't self-evident because we just see a small section of the area.

At first, I thought that the yard full of zombies was just some weird whim of Negan's... kind of like the Governor and his large collection of zombie heads. I also figured that the purpose of the place might be to remind others of what happens to people whom Negan becomes particularly upset by.

Turns out that actually, it's all of the above. But somehow, I like your idea of Zombie Dodgeball best of all! :laugh2:

--R :D

Pete M

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Zombie dodgeball! :rofl:

Yes, that's Zombie Dodgeball-- the cool new sport that is expected to overtake other popular post-apocalyptic pro sports such as Jugger and the Thunderdome Gladiatorial Games. :applause:

Honestly, though: that whole thing with the zombies in the yard made for a freaky visual, and I was a bit baffled by the weirdness of it all, especially the torso-only zombies hanging from chains from what appeared to be a large chin up bar.

Later I learned that this is fleshed out a bit more fully in the comic book series. The main compound that the Saviors live on and within is called "the Sanctuary" by the group, and the zombie containment area-- represented by the fence and the yard-- extends all the way around the compound. It serves as sort of physical barrier to help slow down or thwart intruders.

That's what Negan meant when he told Darrel that one way or another Darrel was gonna end up serving him-- dead on the fence, working for points and wishing he was dead, or serving in Negan's private army, "with new shoes and living like a king".

We haven't seen a view of the entire compound, though, and so the whole protective barrier thing wasn't self-evident because we just see a small section of the area.

At first, I thought that the yard full of zombies was just some weird whim of Negan's... kind of like the Governor and his large collection of zombie heads. I also figured that the purpose of the place might be to remind others of what happens to people whom Negan becomes particularly upset by.

Turns out that actually, it's all of the above. But somehow, I like your idea of Zombie Dodgeball best of all! :laugh2:

--R :D
:thumb: Like

Ermghoti

Reaction score
Yes, that explains why he has a group. No, it does not explain the unquestioned suicidal loyalty. Recalling the attack on the Savior outpost, the one guy announces he is Negan (which I kmow is their thing) surely knowing that would lead directly to his death. He could bery easily say, "Negan? Oh, he's back at the fully functioning city wher3 a thousand or so of us run our empire. You're going to die, you should probably run a few hundred mes away if you don't care for that outcome." The woman that lead the attempt to save the outpost says "you can't believe you're the good guys," knowing the Saviors run entirely on strong arming functional settlements into serfdom. And, again, the redhead. What purpose did her death serve? The zombie apocalypse is only like three years ago, it's not like these people were born into this system.

kmk108

Reaction score
I would think those that are born in the post apocalyptic world would be less likely to want to kill themselves. It's all they've ever known. Those that lived before it all have the memory of how good life was before.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
-sigh-
The Walking Dead follows the Lost formula verbatim. Four great episodes per season: the season premier, the mid-season finale, the mid-season premiere, and the season finale. And then there's the rest.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Yes, that explains why he has a group. No, it does not explain the unquestioned suicidal loyalty. Recalling the attack on the Savior outpost, the one guy announces he is Negan (which I kmow is their thing) surely knowing that would lead directly to his death. He could bery easily say, "Negan? Oh, he's back at the fully functioning city wher3 a thousand or so of us run our empire. You're going to die, you should probably run a few hundred mes away if you don't care for that outcome." The woman that lead the attempt to save the outpost says "you can't believe you're the good guys," knowing the Saviors run entirely on strong arming functional settlements into serfdom. And, again, the redhead. What purpose did her death serve? The zombie apocalypse is only like three years ago, it's not like these people were born into this system.
Exactly. The "you can't believe you're the good guys" would imply that The Saviors are doing good, building a confederation of willing settlements that they protect, but they're obviously just a bunch of two-bit thugs.
Maybe we'll get a good flash back to their start that explains things. At least that's my hope.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
All I know is Negan is hilarious.

"Easy peasy lemon squeezy" and "hot diggity dog" busted me up. But nothing was as funny as "starving. You. By starving you mean not really"

kmk108

Reaction score
All I know is Negan is hilarious.

"Easy peasy lemon squeezy" and "hot diggity dog" busted me up. But nothing was as funny as "starving. You. By starving you mean not really"
Seriously, the inappropriate jokes are the best. Especially when it's always just met with a shocked and scared face.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
I would think those that are born in the post apocalyptic world would be less likely to want to kill themselves. It's all they've ever known. Those that lived before it all have the memory of how good life was before.
Unless they were born into a cult that believed their leader was godlike. They wouldn't have much contradictory information filtering in either, WIFI signals are notoriously poor after civilization collapses.

MikeyTheCat said:
Exactly. The "you can't believe you're the good guys" would imply that The Saviors are doing good, building a confederation of willing settlements that they protect, but they're obviously just a bunch of two-bit thugs.
Maybe we'll get a good flash back to their start that explains things. At least that's my hope.
I've been waiting for something to develop there ever since that line. The residents of Negan's group are being fed a steady diet of "we keep the zombies at bay," but even that would be pretty thin, given that they are all captured, indentured servants.

Pete M

Reaction score
They probably cover the loyalty of Negan's followers in more detail in the comics. Probably everything makes more sense in the comics. It was always better when they did stuff and people said "Well holy ****, that wasn't in the comics". These days it's just like a bad movie where people say the book was much better. They just lazily try and tick storytelling boxes from the comics, bringing them to the screen and missing the details, and we know we are not really going anywhere because the comics don't go anywhere as far as I can tell.

kmk108

Reaction score
There's nothing left to tell. I think it's been that way for a couple seasons.

Breaking Bad could have gone on for another season or two, but Walter's story had run its course. I feel like Rick's story (he is the main character after all) has run its course multiple times.

elephantrider

Reaction score
she shot the bat ??? oh lawd...

...and yeah, i love neegan. kind of
reminds me, of me, in a arsehole
way.

JMV

Reaction score
What kind of sorcery did Eugene employ to turn a .50 caliber casing into something that would fit into a Beretta 92/96? :laugh2:

JMV

Reaction score
Maybe I saw something that wasn't there, but I was sure that was the casing from the round Negan fired out of the DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads